Chapter 18

Third Person POV

At the AXA Training Facility

Jurgen Klopp: So how's Y/N doing over in FC Seoul.

Barry Hunter: He's doing really well, just today he has scored a goal and gave an assist in the game against Suwon Samsung Bluewings. Also, he has been doing a lot of good passes and have been consistent in putting in assists.

Jurgen Klopp: Good, keep scouting him. I've got a plan to change things up after this seasons shambolic performance. We might need him back sooner than we think.

Summer 2021, Seoul

Y/N POV

Currently we have a month worth of summer break in the K.LEAGUE to avoid international fixtures clashes. Since I wasn't selected for England for the Euro 2021, I stayed in Seoul so I could be with Tzuyu more. The players who don't have international duty during this one month period still go to training but because some of the key players are missing, training is very chilled which means I have more time to spend with my girlfriend Tzuyu. 

Twice recently had a comeback meaning that Tzuyu was very busy with her schedules so most of the time I was alone at home watching TV waiting for Tzuyu to come home or at training chilling with a few of my teammates. Today is one of those days, I woke up did my normal routine and went to training.

Arriving at the GS Training Facility, it was pretty quiet as most of the squad has gone on international duty with South Korea in the AFC World Cup Qualifiers. Training was pretty chill today, we only did some passing and lay off shooting drills nothing intense. It ended very shortly as there was not much point doing much training when half the squad is not at training. I was looking forward to going back home and lie on my bed doing nothing for the whole afternoon until the manager flagged me down.

Park Jin Sub: Y/N, don't go so fast yet. I need you in my office for a bit.

I followed the manager into the office as he set up some kind of online meeting. I have no idea what this is about but I guess I just have to wait. Once the line connected, I saw Jurgen Klopp on the other end of the online meeting and I think I had a vague idea of what this is.

Jurgen Klopp: Y/N, Mr. Park good afternoon.

ParK Jin Sub: Hello, what would you like to discuss about?

Jurgen Klopp: It's about Y/N's loan deal. As the Premier League season has came to an end, we are currently planning for the next season and we would want Y/N in part of our plan. So we would like to recall Y/N earlier than expected. 

Park Jin Sub: I understand where you are coming from. As Y/N is contracted to Liverpool Football Club, we will make Y/N available for recall with immediate effect. What do you think Y/N?

Y/N: Do I have a choice?

Jurgen Klopp: Sorry Y/N, I've already sorted your return. You will be returning to Liverpool next week.

Y/N: WHAT!? I was enjoying my football here.

Park Jin Sub: Y/N, you are a real asset to FC Seoul but this is just a stepping stone for you. I think returning to Liverpool would benefit your career.

Jurgen Klopp: Manager Park is right. We'll see you back soon. 

After the meeting, I left the training ground. Still surprised from what just happened. I mean I was obviously happy about having the opportunity to have a chance at Liverpool and honoured to be in Jurgen Klopp's plan for the upcoming Premier League season. But is this really the correct move for me? I've only been here for half of a season and I've been in the form of my life so far. I am not sure if I could play at the same level as I could under the pressure of wearing that Liverpool kit.