Chapter 10

Y/N POV

Today is the opening game of the K.LEAGUE season. We will be playing the defending champions Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. The whole team arrived at Jeonju yesterday so we did not have any match preparations to know more about the Jeonju World Cup Stadium. 

I was extremely nervous as Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors are the defending K.KEAGUE champions and they have been the powerhouses of the league. They have been winning the league for the past few seasons and are regarded as one of the most successful teams in the league. The level of players they have are completely out of the league as pundits like to say and playing against them was never an easy game, let alone playing away against Jeonbuk. 

We were all in the pre match dressing room just preparing ourselves. Some of the players are listening to music and some of the players were just chilling. As I don't know what to expect I just sat on my seat doing nothing. 

Park Jin Sub: Right boys, it's the first game of the season so I want you to enjoy it. Jeonbuk are a difficult opponent and we are the underdogs here but I know if we play our football we will be able to scrap away something here. This is the starting line up.

I looked at the starting lineup and if I am being honest, I was a bit sad that it didn't include me in it

I looked at the starting lineup and if I am being honest, I was a bit sad that it didn't include me in it. I guess I was new to the team so this is why the manager put me on the bench. He wanted me to settle into the team first. As the players headed out onto the pitch, I went to the bench and sat down next to Han Chan Hee.

Han Chan Hee: Gutted about not starting?

Y/N: Yea a bit.

Han Chan Hee: It's ok you'll make your mark, the manager just want you to settle in the team first. 

Y/N: Yeah no rush I guess.

First Half

The game started and both teams were a very defensive and using the cautious approach. Jeonbuk are keeping possession in their own half while we are continuously giving possession away. It wasn't the best start to both teams and this game was looking like a borefest. I was really bored on the bench but quickly lighten up as the manager called me over.

Park Jin Sub: Y/N quickly get ready, I need you on soon.

37th Minute

After 37 minutes, I was on for captain Ki Sung Yeung who has had a really terrible game so far. I had one mission according the manager and that is to energise the midfield. Once again I am playing out of position because this time I was deployed as a deep lying playmaker. Playing in line with the other central defensive midfielder Osmar. I thought to myself, this is my chance to finally make my mark in the K.LEAGUE. 

Halftime

Few minutes after I was on, the referee blew his whistle for halftime. The game was still a 0-0 draw. Not much has happened during the first half. We all went back into the dressing room and I could tell that the manager was not happy about how we played during the first half.