Chapter 5

Y/N POV

A few days have passed since I accepted the loan offer from FC Seoul. Today is the day I head to Seoul for a medical and complete the deal. I was currently packing my suitcase and even though I am moving to a completely new country, the packing was quite simple. Given that Seoul is a big city, anything that I left at home I could just buy it from a local shop. While I am nearly done packing, my mom came in and dropped a pile of clothes into my suitcase.

Y/N: What the -? Mom?

Mom: They care about fashion in Asia, you need more clothes to fit in.

Y/N: I have enough clothes. If not I'll just buy it at Seoul.

Dad: Can we go now? The kid is all grown up so let's go we need to beat traffic.

There is it, my dad. Always very impatient and wanting to beat the traffic even if there isn't any traffic. Because I don't want to annoy my dad who's clearly very happy that I am finally out of the house, I quickly packed everything and got onto the car. 

The ride to Liverpool John Lennon Airport was quite quick as there was no traffic holding us up. I decided to let my parents come to the airport and see me off because I have spent the whole life living with my parents. This is my first time going abroad alone. Arriving at the airport, it was quite busy but it was quite normal as it is currently January and people often travels to Spain for a getaway. Nobody really noticed me because I am not a big named footballer, so I was able to get through the check in procedures quite swiftly. 

Y/N: I guess this is it? I'm going in

Dad: Y/N, you better make us proud. 

Mom: Be careful, and remember to eat well and keep yourself safe. 

Y/N: Ok mom, I'll be back in the summer.

Dad: Go out there and show the world what you can do.

Y/N: Dad I'm going to FC Seoul not Barcelona. Anyways, I got to go. Take care.

I gave my parents one last hug and headed to the boarding gates. Not looking back because I know how difficult this is for me and my parents. Knowing that they will stand there watching my figure get smaller and smaller until I disappear from their sight completely. I decided that there was no going back from there and walked all the way towards the plane straight away so they could go back home as soon as possible.

Time skip

Flight PA: Ladies and gentlemen, we will start our descent into Seoul Incheon Airport shortly. Please fasten your seatbelt, stow your tray table, put your seat into the upright position and for passengers sitting on the window seat, please open the window blinds. 

I was woken up by the announcement that the plane will be landing in Seoul soon. Fifteen hours of flight time has gone by very quickly. I must have fallen asleep. Currently in my mind, I have a lot of emotions. I was sad because this is my first time leaving my family and live in a country 10000 miles away. However, on the other hand, I was very excited because I am joining a new team to prove myself. Also, I am going to be the next 18 months here in Seoul. The home of K-Pop. I have been into K-Pop ever since BIG BANG debuted back in 2006 when I was a little kid. 

As I arrived at Seoul, I was greeted by a representative from FC Seoul who took me to to the FC Seoul medical centre where they will check my fitness. I looked at the city line of Seoul and it was completely different to Liverpool. Lot's of building, lot's of people and lot's of lights. Seoul looks like it's a very busy city. Hope I will get some time to explore the city later.

Arriving at the medical centre I was greeted by the FC Seoul manager and the fitness coach as I will be undergoing a medical with the team and if I pass the medical I will be given more information about my loan stay.

Park Jin Sub: Welcome to Seoul Y/N. This is the fitness coach Hwang Ji Hwan.

Hwang Ji Hwan: Ok Y/N it seems that from the report we got from the Liverpool medical centre you are fit but we'll just double check to make sure.

The fitness coach did the usual procedure on me. Making me go on the running machine to get some data also doing a few X-Ray scans to make sure that I am match ready.

Hwang Ji Hwan: Right Y/N is all set and if nothing happens in training he will be ready for the season opener against Jeonbuk Hyundai.

Park Jin Sub: Brilliant, as you know this will be an 18 month loan so you will finish the K.LEAGUE season with us. We expect a top table finish this season. Here are the keys to the apartment the club has loaned to you and another key to the car that you will be given for the 18 month period. If you have any questions I'll be in my office during office hours. I'll look forward to seeing you in training tomorrow.

Y/N: Thank you very much manager Park.

As I took my leave, I drove to the apartment which was located at Cheongdam-Dong. It was quite a luxurious apartment and has everything I need. One room and a living room which has all the equipment for me. First thing I did was plug my PS4 to the TV so I could sit back and play some Fifa. After a while, I started to suffer from jet lag and was extremely tired and decided to take a nap.

Time skip

I woke up, feeling refreshed. I looked at the clock. 23:47. Wow I slept for a very long time, I have completely skipped lunch and dinner. I looked out the window and saw lights are still very bright shining over the city. I think this is what you call a city that never sleeps. With that I decided to take a drive to explore the city and get some food.

Another chapter done. I have more flexibility now because the deadline has been pushed back a week.

There's not much football in this chapter, but the K.LEAGUE season hasn't started in the book yet. I promise there will be more football stuff in future chapters.

Please continue to vote and share this book. It makes me very happy to see the views go up and it gives me more motivation to write more chapters.