Chapter 16

Few months later

Y/N POV

It has been a few months since I have been dating Chou Tzuyu. Everything has been going smoothly for the past few months for the both of us. For privacy reasons, we have decided to keep this relationship private and not reveal our relationship to anyone apart from very close friends.

Today is me and Tzuyu's 3 month anniversary. However, before the anniversary celebrations, we have to play our rivals Suwon Bluewings first. Of course Tzuyu will be watching this game from the stands. This gives me extra motivation to perform better in the game. Obviously because Suwon Bluewings are our biggest rivals, the whole team want to win this game and you could hear it from the manager's pre match team talk.

Park Jin Sub: Right lads, this is the big game. We have been in really good form for the last few games so if we do our jobs we will win this game. Come on lads, let's do this for the fans.

After the team talk, we all went onto the pitch to prepare for the game. The whole team was extremely nervous for this fixture because FC Seoul and Suwon Bluewings have a long history of rivalry and both sides would want to win the bragging rights by winning this game. However, because I wasn't a player who is from Seoul or have been in Seoul long enough to understand this rivalry, I was more focused to giving a good performance to show Tzuyu. Hopefully a goal today could be a good three month anniversary gift.

First Half

Suwon started the game really nicely. They played their 3-5-2 defensive style of football that they have been playing for most of the season so far. Suwon had a very strong midfield that are really good at winning and retaining possession. We started the game struggling to use the ball like we like and was constantly on the defensive with Suwon gathering most of the ball. Struggling to get hold of the ball, we decided to defend deep to avoid conceding an early goal so we don't start the game on a negative.

16th Minute

We were under immense pressure as we tried to play out from the back and Hwang Hyun Soo had no choice but to launch the ball upfield and it went out for a Suwon goal kick. No Dong Geon kicked it long towards Kim Gun Hee who won the header against Osmar. Jung Sang Bin gathers the loose ball dribbles it past Kim Won Gun and makes scores. It was a terrible goal to give away especially in an occasion like this. The crowd booed off the Suwon player after scoring the goal and everyone had their hands on their heads with disappointment. The manager was unimpressed but still managed to shout words of encouragement to the team.

FC Seoul 0-1 Suwon Samsung Bluewings

Park Jin Sub: Lads, get your heads up. It's still early times we have plenty of time to turn this around.

45th + 4 Minute

We were playing better towards the end of the second half. Suwon are defending a little bit deeper so we were able to play more possession football. We decided to use the wide channels a little bit more given that Suwon doesn't have full backs. Yoon Jung Gyu got the ball on the overlap, as he went down the wing he put a cross in into the box hoping our striker Park Chu Yong get to the end of that. However, Suwon's defender Choi Jung Won headed it back out towards Ki Sung Yeung, Ki lays it over to me and even though my first touch was a bit heavy, I managed to knock the ball past Han Seok Jong. With no one inside the box to pass to, I decided to try my luck on a shot outside the box. I took the shot on hoping it will end up in the back of the net. As I struck the ball, it feels like the whole world had stopped but the ball as I watched the ball creeped into the bottom left corner, beating the goalkeeper. Then the whole stadium started to cheer. I can't believe I just scored a goal. This was really unexpected as I ran towards the camera and did my planned celebration of the TT dance as my teammates all came over to hug me. After the celebration I made a heart gesture with my hands towards the stands. Even though nobody knew who that gesture was for. Tzuyu and I both knew that it was for her watching from the stands. Running back towards our own half, I still can't believe I just scored a goal against FC Seoul's arch rival Suwon Bluewings.