Chapter 3

Y/N POV

On my way to Busan, I decided to get to know more about the playing styles of the team. I pulled out my iPad and watched some games played by Busan iPark online. I went on YouTube and searched for some highlights of Busan iPark. Busan iPark 1 - 1 Ulsan Hyundai. This might be a good video to watch because Ulsan Hyundai are title contenders.

I was analysing the way that Busan iPark and learning how would my role fit into their team. They are a traditional team that likes to sit back and defend then go on the counter attack. Their wing play was quite impressive and rely on their midfielders to drop deep to put balls towards the flanks. 

After analysing the game, I have came up with two ideas on how I might be able to fit into the team. One is I will be the advanced playmaker in a midfield three creating chances and passing towards the wingers. The other one will require me to be an trequartista which is the role that I am used to more. It will require me to play wider and drop into the centre of the pitch from time to time. Both roles sounds pretty familiar to me but the final decision is down to the manager. With the videos that I was watching on the plane, time flew by very quickly and after 12 hours, I arrived at Busan.

I exited the airport and already there was someone holding a sign with my name on it. She must be from Busan iPark. I followed her to the car and the car took me to the dorm that I would be staying. Upon arrival, she gave me the details about tomorrow's friendly that I will be participating in. After gaining all the information I needed, I decided to take some rest given the time difference and the long plane ride.

Time skip to next morning

I woke up the next morning feeling fresh. This is it, the trial. One game to determine if I am worthy to stay at Busan iPark for a 18 month loan. I went to the training ground which was very close to the dorms. When I arrived, some European guy greeted me. I wonder who he is.

???: Y/N, welcome to Busan iPark. I'm glad you made it. I'm Ricardo Peres, the manager of Busan iPark.

Y/N: Nice to meet you boss.

Ricardo Peres: Come we have about an hour to kick off, everyone is in the changing room.

I followed him to the changing room where the whole team seemed to be chatting happily with each other. It's safe to say that the changing room spirit was high. I need to break the ice with them even if this might be the only game that I will play for them. It is still a game and football is a team sport and therefore I need to communicate with them. 

Ricardo Peres: Guys, I want to welcome our latest trial member, Y/N. He will be joining us for this game before we decide if we want to take him on a loan.

Well that was good, the manager just helped me break the ice because the whole team greeted me with smiles. One of the players who wears the number 8 shirt signalled me to use the spot next to him which was empty. I sat down next to him and introduced myself. 

Y/N: Hi, I'm Y/N currently on trial from Liverpool.

Park Jong-Woo: Hi nice to meet you, I'm Park Jong-Woo.

Ricardo Peres: Right let's start with the match briefing against FC Seoul.

After introducing myself slowly to my teammates. Ricardo Peres did the normal team talk playing counter attack and relying on the wingers of Drozdek and Jung Hoon-Sung. While also revealing the line up for this friendly which I will be starting in the midfield three. 

Ricardo Peres: Right lads, pressure is off. This is a pre season game so we'll just go out there and enjoy the game. This is the line up for the game