Chapter 4

Y/N POV

After my trial period with Busan iPark, I returned to Liverpool as I haven't decided if I should take up the loan from Busan iPark. I definitely would want a loan spell somewhere as it is very difficult to get consistent game time here in Liverpool. Also following what Jurgen Klopp said a loan would really benefit me and improve my football. If I'm honest I'm not really interested into joining Busan iPark as they are in the second division of the K.LEAGUE. Hopefully some better offers would come in during this transfer window.

Today is the first day I will return with Liverpool and train with them again. The first training session didn't go to planned so I aim to do better this time. I woke up extra early this morning because I remember that Jurgen Klopp likes players who arrive at the training ground early to prepare themselves. 

I arrived at the training ground 10 minutes before training begun and already most of the first team players are here. I looked around, trying to find my best friend in the squad Sepp Van Den Berg but he was nowhere to be seen. Jordan Henderson must have spotted me because he called me over.

Jordan Henderson: Y/N come over here and practice some passing with us.

I went over to Jordan Henderson's group and did some warm ups with fellow midfielders James Milner and Thiago. People keep showing up and more of the youngsters are showing up. Curtis Jones was the last one to arrive before Jurgen Klopp called everyone over.

Jurgen Klopp: Right that's everyone, today we will do some fitness training.

Fitness, I hate fitness training. We got separated into random groups and I was in group number 3 with Mohammed Salah, Joel Matip, Andy Robertson and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. I looked around and try to spot who was here in training. Looking around I noticed that my best friend Sepp Van Den Berg isn't here yet. Wonder where did he go?

Y/N: (whispers) Guys, do you know where Sepp has gone?

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain: The ginger Dutch defender?

Y/N: Yeah him.

Andy Robertson: Kid you weren't here, but he's been loaned out to Preston North End.

Wait, Sepp was loaned out? Why didn't he tell me. That must be awesome being loaned out to Preston North End too, a championship team. That offer was miles better than the one I received. Why didn't I get an offer from a championship team, if I had got one I would have agreed right on the spot. We were having our own chatting session and got completely distracted. 

Jurgen Klopp: GROUP 3 FOCUS, TWENTY LAPS RIGHT NOW (shouts).

Great, another punishment. What a great start to my first team career. Now I have to run laps. As much as I hate fitness training, I'd rather do fitness training than run laps as a punishment.

Time skip

Training was boring and exhausting. Why do I have to come back to do fitness training. At least it's over now and finally I can go back home to relax. On my way to the changing room, Jurgen Klopp flagged me down. I think he wants a response to the loan offer from Busan iPark. 

Jurgen Klopp: Y/N nice to have you back. I wanted to talk about the loan situation.

Y/N: Yes Jurgen, I wanted to say I didn't feel like joining Busan iPark because I don't want to play for a second division Korean team.

Jurgen Klopp: About that, I have better offers for you son.

Y/N: Really? I'm interested.

Jurgen Klopp: There's an offer from Championship side Luton Town and another offer from South Korea side FC Seoul.

Y/N: I need to think about it.

Jurgen Klopp: No worries kid, have a think about it. I expect an answer by tonight though. No pressure.

The talk ended and I took my leave. I did my post training routine taking a shower and changing back to my normal clothes and then headed home.

Once I arrived home, I went straight up to my room and decided that I need a good think about which loan deal I wanted. Opening up the laptop, I decided to Google up both teams and see which team would be my preferred loan destination.

Luton Town, a Championship side currently 12th in the table. Only managed to barely stay up in the 2019-20 season by winning the final game against Blackburn Rovers. They tend to play a 4-2-3-1 formation with a very defensive mentality. Traditional English football play with direct balls towards the attacking third of the pitch and generally not caring about possession.

FC Seoul, from K.LEAGUE and finished in the relegation battle group in the 2020 season. Finishing 9th out of 12 teams and is probably one of the worst seasons in FC Seoul's history. Also playing a 4-2-3-1 formation with a very positive mentality. Quite balanced in both attacking and defending and playing possession football relying heavily on the midfielders to expose the flanks with the wingers tucking in from the wide areas.

Analysing the two teams with a lot of depth, it seems that to extract my potential as a Trequartista, playing for FC Seoul would benefit me. Luton Town are a great side and sitting 12th in the Championship table. However, they don't really play possession and therefore the midfield is not a key area of the team. Meaning that I will not be able to play with a high freedom of creativity. Both of the teams are pretty similar when it comes to world reputation of the teams. I have decided, FC Seoul it is. Now I need to call Jurgen Klopp about my desicion.

Y/N: Hello Jurgen.

Jurgen Klopp: Hey kid, have you decided?

Y/N: Yes I have decided to join FC Seoul.

Jurgen Klopp: Wonderful, I'll tell their representative and give you the details soon. They should expect you to go over and complete a medical by next week.

Y/N: Ok cool, thanks for the opportunity Jurgen. Bye

Jurgen Klopp: No problem kid, treasure this opportunity and I hope you'll improve when you are back.

This is going to be interesting, a loan spell at FC Seoul. I've always loved the South Korean culture. Also, I am a big fan of K-Pop and it's my guilty pleasure that nobody knows about. This is not only an opportunity for me to improve my football but to get a better knowledge of the South Korean culture. Hopefully understand more about K-pop and go to fan signs or concerts.

You're welcome guys for another chapter. As my essay is due in next week and it's coming to an end. I have more time to update now. But don't expect frequent updates as I will still spend more time moderating my essay.

Finally this book has reached 100 reads. Thank you so much for the reads and the votes and please continue to support this book.