~• 16. Seven Vows •~

Heya! Hope you are doing great

Heya! Hope you are doing great. I am back with the 16th chapter. Hope you all will like it. Happy Reading 💕

"You are looking ethereal Panchali!" remarked Samhitha as she adjusted Draupadi's maang tikka

Time had flown by real quick and it was the grand day for both Arjun and Draupadi, a very important event for their lives. The royals of Indraprasth has arrived few days back and all the pre wedding rituals had been completed, Arjun and Draupadi ignoring each other. It had been very awkward to both of them and they didn't feel like to smile and enjoy the day.

Draupadi smiled slightly at the compliment and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked beautiful but something was missing. Her smile.

She smiled but that didn't come from her heart. Sangeetha had been there from day one. Seeing her, Draupadi's heart pricked in pain, Sangeetha sacrificed it for her, she was feeling guilty. She had tried her best to come out of the thoughts but they didn't leave her.

"Krishnaa, it's time." Priya informed. Draupadi nodded and started going to the mantap where her grand wedding had been organised. Each and every citizen of Panchal were excited to witness their beloved princess's wedding, Dyumna was the most ecstatic one. His baby sister was entering a new phase of life and joy knew no bounds. Drupad and Sumathi were equally happy and they expressed it in the form of happy tears.

Arjun's family wasn't any less. Kunti was unstoppable, her eldest son was getting married and she ensured every thing was just perfect. Pandu was proud seeing Arjun and Draupadi, how they came through the sudden fact. Advaith and Advith enjoyed their most these days and tried to bring Arjun from his bizarre thoughts. Karn, Vrushali were indulged in the whole arrangements.

Sangeetha was equally joyful. She had been trying her best to hide her tears but somewhere in her heart she knew what she did was the best. Her grandmother had been telling stories about sacrifices of women which lead to a better and brighter future and she hoped that what decision she took would help in that.

Arjun sat there trying to look bright but still his face was missing the usual charm it had. The white silks adorning his dark skin, his crown sat straight up royally. He had already completed a few rituals and then he saw Panchali coming with a grim face, lowering her head down, draped in royal maroon silks.

Panchali sat next to Parth and the royal priest continued the rituals. The wedding was witnessed by the great rishi Vedvyas and other dignitaries. Krishna was smiling throughout and also kept a check at Shakuni.

Duryodhan's several attempts of creating misunderstandings between Savyasachi and Krishnaa had failed miserably. Either Yagyaseni lashed out at them or Gudakesh warned them, his voice dangerously low.

Shakuni was determined to poison Duryodhan's mind more and create a huge misunderstandings between Indraprasth and Hastinapura, was continuously trying to take Draupadi as the reason.

Arjun had warned Shakuni, Duryodhan and Dushyasan several times before the wedding and today too. He was already messed up with his life and didn't wanted to mess it more.

"Rajkumar." Arjun heard the rishi calling gaining his attention. "Please get up for the Seven Circumambulations."

Arjun looked at Draupadi and got up with her. They started the circumambulation with

“Om esha ekapadi bhava iti prathaman,” Parth says.
Dhanam dhanyam pade vadet,” Panchali complies.

The vow beckons the willingness of both the partners to bring prosperity in their lives; each is agreeing to fulfil their respective role.

“Om oorje jara dastayaha,” Pandu Putra says.
Kutumbum rakshayishyammi sa aravindharam,” Drupad Nandini replies.

The second vow is where the couple seeks union on emotional, mental, and spiritual levels. Since they will be partners, they seek strength for protecting each other through all phases of life.

"Om rayas santu joradastayaha,” Kunti Putra says.
“Rava bhakti as vadedvachacha,” Sumathi Suta assures.

The third sacred vow is where Arjun and Draupadi pray together for wealth and prosperity and promises to fulfil their spiritual obligations. They also seek blessings for the ability to educate their children and look after all their needs. The vow beckons physical and spiritual loyalty of the bride and groom towards each other throughout their lives.

"Om mayo bhavyas jaradastaya ha,” Indra Putra says.
Lalayami cha pade vadet,” Agnija responses.

In the fourth vow, Arjun declares to Draupadi that she has made her life complete and promises to respect her. He hopes for their children to be obedient and noble. He also hopes for a long life of their children and expresses interest in striving for their education. Draupadi promises Arjun to shower with joy and happiness and do everything possible to please him.

"Om prajabhyaha santu jaradastayaha,” Madhav sakha declares.
“Arte arba sapade vadet,” Govind sakhi replies.

The fifth vow of the wedding beckons the importance of loyalty and dependency on each other. The groom expresses his gratitude and calls the bride his best friend, whereas, the bride, in return, promises to love and cherish their relationship forever.

"Rutubhyah shat padi bhava,” Savyasachi says.
Yajna hom shashthe vacho vadet,” Yagyaseni promises.

The sixth vow gives Arjun the opportunity to tell his bride the depth of his happiness to be able to find her. Draupadi affirms her affection towards the groom promises to stand by him forever. This vow also beckons the importance of health, peace, and prosperity in one’s life.

"Om sakhi jaradastayahga,” Kuru Kumar says.
Attramshe sakshino vadet pade,” Panchal Kumari replies.

The final vow that beckons the completion of the holy union is sealed with a pledge of being companions for life. The couple promises to stand by each other and be true in their relationship always. The oath of loyalty and the willingness to spend a life with not another human being but with a friend, are the things that make the last vow a special one.

*****
How's the chapter?
To be continued...

*****How's the chapter?To be continued