~• 9. A Firm Decision •~

Hello all! Hope you are doing good

Hello all! Hope you are doing good. Back with the 9th chapter. Hope you all will like it! Happy Reading 💕

Date : 20th July 2021
Day : Tuesday

Date : 20th July 2021Day : Tuesday

"I am fine dear. How are you doing?" smiled Revathi.

"I am great! Where is Nishatha? Not to be seen?" Draupadi asked searching for Revathi and Balram's son.

"He's with Krishna and Rukmini. His favourites!" giggled Revathi.

"Haww... Let me go and search for him. Anyway, the haldi ceremony is completed." Draupadi ran.

"Mata, did you see sakha?" asked Panchali.

"He was with Dyumna, I suppose." replied Sumathi.

Krishnaa nodded and started to run when Sumathi stopped her. "The royals of Magadh have reached Kampilya. It's your responsibility to go and welcome them behalf of me and your father."

"Okay mata." Panchali wisphered slowly. She had to do it. But was it the right time? Yes, it was. She had to do it as quickly as possible.

"Pranipat Maharaj. Pranipat Maharani." bowed Draupadi as she saw the King and Queen in their chariot.

The King and Queen of Magadh smiled at Draupadi and blessed her. A moment later, she came infront of the princess of Magadh, Sangeetha. "Pranam!" Both exchanged the greetings.

"Hearty welcome to Panchal's Crown Prince's and Mithila's princess's wedding. I hope you enjoy your stay here." smiled Panchali.

"We would definitely. And I also need a help from you Rajkumari." Sangeetha asked.

Draupadi somewhere felt she knew what she was going to ask. But her thought was wrong. "Can we be friends?" Sangeetha asked her eyes twinkling.

Panchali nodded in a yes but her mind was still not able register it. She had heard Sangeetha was a very humble princess, but is she sacrificing their love already?

Everyone smiled and they all went to the place where the ceremony took place. As soon as Arjun saw Sangeetha, he smiled widely. Sangeetha too smiled back. Arjun had become impatient, sensing it Draupadi asked Sangeetha to come with her. Arjun followed both of them looking around.

As they reached a secluded area, Sangeetha exclaimed, "I am so happy for you both. Your pair is perfect!"

Arjun's excited face became pale, Draupadi wasn't expecting this too. She decided to speak up before it became too late, "Rajkumari please don't say like this. You both have loved each other, don't break the relationship because of me and this forgotten marriage."

"Draupadi-. I hope I can call you by your name." Sangeetha hesitated and then continued after Panchali nodded positive. "Firstly, don't address me as Rajkumari. Call me Sangeetha. We are almost of the same age."

"Fine. But please don't do it." Panchali pleaded.

"Some things are meant to be broken. But those are eventually mended too. If God wanted our relationship to end, then no one can stop it. And when God has decided that, we are no one to change it too. Except the fact and move on." Sangeetha explained.

"Sangeetha, noo." cried Arjun. Sangeetha had surely made her heart a stone in the one night that she had. It was way too difficult for her to do it, but she knew she had to.

"Arjun you please don't talk anything in the middle. I am talking to my new friend. You tell me Draupadi, who are we to change the God's plan? We are just his mere puppets and our work is to play according to his leelas. And this one is also one among them. I am a staunch believer of whatever happens, happens for good only. So, now don't do this."

"Sangeetha, please try to understand. We can't mend what has happened. But you shouldn't sacrifice for what happened in the past. Please marry Rajkumar Arjun and continue your life. I will have to follow to Indraprasth because of the forgotten marriage. And I will not come inbetween." Draupadi said her thoughts.

Sighing, Sangeetha asked, "Forget all this Draupadi. Just answer this random question of mine. Would you like to have a co-wife after your marriage? Tell me honestly. I want the truth. Would you like if your husband marry another time?"

Draupadi was numb. She didn't wanted to say the truth, but at the same time she didn't wanted to lie. When Sangeetha asked her again she was helpless and said the truth, "Yes, I may. But that's not relevant now."

"How can it not be relevant? It's very relevant. Suppose, I marry Arjun. Will I not be your co-wife?" Sangeetha asked.

"I don't have any issues with that. Sangeetha, he needs you and you need him. Please don't do like this." Krishnaa asked.

The talk wasn't being effective. She had a lot of faith in God and she knew to accept whatever his leelas was. Whatsoever happened. But this time, she was feeling it difficult. Draupadi was equally arguing and each statement of her's made a point too. Now she had to make herself selfish infront of them both. And she would do it for everyone.

"But I do have an issue. I don't want my husband to have a co-wife. So this relationship can't move further. Pitashri has told that he has found a perfect groom for me. So please." She declared and started walking away when Arjun's words made her stop.

"These words are not coming from your heart. Right?" he asked his voice too low.

She turned sideways and said, "The words didn't come from my heart. But what I want to succeed is from my heart. I want you both to marry yourself only and lead a blissful life."

"Do you think our lives would be blissful after all this?" Panchali asked.

Sangeetha came to her and smiled, "You have the capability to do it. That is the reason Narayan choose you. Congratulations and all the best for your future."

Saying it, Sangeetha walked away. Arjun sat on the ground shocked. He had just a ray of hope but now that was darkened too. "Sorry." Yagyaseni sobbed.

Arjun chuckled with tears flowing said, "As she said, this is what Narayan wants. And if it meant killing each other too, it would happen."

*****
How's the chapter?
To be continued...

*****How's the chapter?To be continued