Chapter 48

Charlie unlocked the paint chipped door. Opening it as he looked around the small apartment. "Jess! Hey i'm here and I brought hot cheetos"

Her hands grabbed his shirt pulling him to the side before shutting the door quickly.

His eyes instantly dropped noticing her dirty clothes. "Jessie what happened?"

"I saw your friend" Her eyes narrowed as she pulled back her messy hair.

"Which friend and how did you met them?" Charlie asked tossing the bag on the couch a serious expression coming on his face.

''Oh! Just your building sized hopeless romantic, Who was your best friend for years!"

His skin turned pure white "You...You met THOMAS!? In person!?"

A load huff left Jess's mouth. "Yes and your sorry ass is gonna explain! I mean for fuck's sake! I could be hu-"

"Are you!? Oh God did he grab you? Or his sister? Why were you out there?!" Charlie grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eye.

She bit her lip in surprise as Charlie looked for any kind of trauma.

"Your...why didn't you tell me?"

Charlie rolled his eyes "Would you believe me?"

"No...but with enough evidence I be willing to." Pushing him off she walked to the kitchen. "I was worried because you never called. I thought it was about the apartment" She held her arms as she dropped her head in defeat. "I mean come on! Giants!? You kept that from me? Are their unicorns in your closet too?"

"I know. Thomas and I met when I was lost walking by myself. He's harmless but I understand he is intimating"

"No! Intimating isn't even close! It should be impossible a thing like that exists! And god...Their just out there and no one's knows right? Only us? How?"

Charlie shook his head pulling back his hair. "I'm going to kill him!"

"No I'm gonna hurt you. Are you a giant too? I swear if you could change or something this whole time" A dark look crossed Jessie's face.

"No look let me just go and call Thomas and figure out what the hell is going on." Charlie took out his phone only to get it snatched.

"Charlie! Your not calling anyone until you explain this!"

"I..." His answer was going to be later. But the true look of fear and confusion made him question how much to share. "Jessie....you have to understand I shouldn't even know this. If theses guys are exposed a lot of humans may get hurt.''

A load sigh left her lips as she turned to face him. "If you can keep a secret for that long you have to trust I can too. I don't gain anything except your safety."

Both meeting eyes Charlie reached taking a hold of her hand and walked them toward her small bathroom.

"Shower and get relaxed. When you get out we can start from the beginning."