Chapter 46

Alright you have to trust me." Lowering his hand he waited as Jessie stayed a few feet looking between the hand and his face.

"Come on. I need to report back. This is already longer then it should be" Lowering his voice to a whisper.

He offered a smile. though the rest of him read tense. To his shoulders to the scared look in his eyes. The last thing he wanted was to explain to Charlie that his girlfriend the as he care for and was about to live with was taken to God knows where.

Eyeing his hand so close a feeling of being belittled caused the girl discomfort. "I'm not a damn mouse."

"A what?" A confused look crossed his face.

"A tiny animal you know I...why am I explaining anything. I still have questions" Her eyes lifted.

"Well you got one more. You can call me later" A look of frustration came on Thomas' face as the sound of the door in the living room could be heard.

Just looking at her alone he could tell she was on edge. Little things could be noticed like how she always seemed ready to bolt or jump if he made too many movements.

Softly lowering himself he lowered a hand as he set a palm down "Alright let's go. We gotta make this quick." He muttered softly.

Watching his hand lower the girl felt her stomach turn. The idea of being held like a small animal and possibly dropped stopped any movement.

''...I still get my question." Looking up her eyes narrowed only getting a fake smile that was clearly hiding annoyance.

"You got three seconds'' He said through his teeth.

"Why are you hanging out with Charlie?"

Thomas dropped his shoulders as his eyebrows lower. "I told you this, because we're friends. Now get on" His hand moved closer as his finger moved in a 'come on' motion

"No." Finally having enough courage Jessie lifted her head looking straight into Thomas' eyes. "Is Charlie in danger of being with you?"

"Could he die?"