Chapter 37

"What did I do!?" Charlie held his head. He sat in a field of black locks as his friend lyed against a tree.

Bags were under his eyes from a previous workout.

"You said you care about her right? You just be with her all the time" A soft laugh left making the hair bounce around Charlie.

"This isn't like staying with a friend for a few days this is a huge. She wants ME to LIVE with her! I...what if I mess up? I'm a slob I can't even keep my stuff organized"

"No your not"

"You haven't even been to my house how would you know?"

"We face chatted before it was fine trust me you be buried alive in all my jeans on the floor" Thomas closed his eyes as he lied more against the giant tree. Shade covering him until it hits the knees of his jeans.  Happy his sister was playing with the neighbor's kid.

"So...speaking of! heard you enjoy your date with pretty eyes."

"Stop calling her that" Thomas lowered his brows

"Ok fire eyes is better" Charlie smirked lying on his back. Streaks of hair tickled his cheek and fell over him as he lied on his back.

"Ok well your pink princess sounded nice on the phone. We should talk more often''

"Watch it Big foot"Charlie huffed "She still wants us to double date"

"Sure we can I can have you guys eat in a can with a table and chairs and hide a lid over when Eve is around" Thomas chuckled. "So romantic....but yeah me and Evelyn are doing just fine.

"Well...at least now your going to be patrolling." Charlie blinking up to the sky sitting up. "How did you meet her anyway? Didn't you say she was a new kid?"

Opening his eyes Thomas blinked before putting a hand to his mouth. " Yeah. She was lost in the hall and I helped her to her class. I have a photo on my phone of her a year ago."

"Wait-" Charlie felt himself sliding as Thomas lowered his head as his friend reached to his backpack. His hand grabbed a lock of hair dangling in the air infront of Thomas' face.

"She was really nervous- OW!" Thomas moved his head back plucking Charlie off and let him slide in his palm. His eyes narrowed seeing a few streads of hair in Charlie's hands.

"What? You need to warn me next time"Charlie tossed the hair on the palm.

"Just stay still" He opened a shirt pocket and let him slide in. Turning again he got his phone. "Maybe you guys can talk on the phone. I know you guys had a bad start but she really is nice."

"Oh yeah then let her meet me in person" Struggling Charlie climbed in the loose fabric before clenching the end bending his knees to see the outside of the school again.

Thomas glared down to his pocket "Let me see your girlfriend and see how she acts"

A laugh left "Are you kidding? Jess pass out cold at least fire eyes can handle humans"

"She is pretty good at her job" Thomas smiled to his phone.

The two smiled at the thought until a soft voice spoke behind the tree. "Your not bad yourself''