Chapter 26

"Eve? Eve!" Thomas looked in all directions of the ranch.

"Where is she?"

He headed to the meeting place as he noticed marks in the dirt from her nails and started running in the direction they were from.

"Where are you!?" He asked on the phone moving past trees.

"A cave! Hurry she's trying to squeeze in her elbow!"

He could see her sharp nail moving closer. A quick slash grabbed his shirt but ripped off quickly leaving a hole in his shirt.

"Get out of there!" Evelyn banged her free hand against the outer wall trying to get the human to jump in her grasps.

Feeling her arm was too short only frustrated her more, not wanting this headache on her first day.

Thomas ran in further until he heard Evelyn's voice. Walking through more pines he finally saw her laying on her side reaching in the small cave.

Her face facing it as she was hitting her palm against the hill above it. ''Get out" Her voice snapped making Thomas flinch at her unusual tone.

'Ok ok act normal'

"Um...hey Eve are you stuck?" He walked beside her making her jump.

The sudden movement made her hand hit the roof of the cave causing rocks to fall as Charlie screamed running under her hand that was now facing down.

"Tom! Hi!" she twisted her arm by accident and pulled it out quickly. "Your early" She held her arm trying to act normal. Glaring down she put her shoe infront of the exit.

His shoulders tensed as he noticed how fast she pulled out of the small hole. "Careful you twisted your arm'' Thomas kneeled down beside her as he looked it over.

"I'm fine really, You just surprised me you said you were coming at noon" She gave a fake smile as she moved around her arm.

"I was but I..just wanted to see you early and ask about your roses" He let go of her arm. "I guess I came at a bad time"

She blushed a bit but an idea came in her head as she took his arm.

"Can you reach in there for me? A human is in there and I can't reach"

Playing dumb he looked over. "In there? Oh is that why this is here?" He teased lifting her ankle getting a small smile out of her.

"Yes please, I'll owe you one"

Thomas moved on his side and easily reached in setting his hand down for Charlie.

Flinching to the light a smile grew on Charlie as a familiar voice spoke outside. "Took you long enough'' A soft smile ran on his face as he watched the giant hand lower a foot away. Slowly climbing on he sat gripping his palm as the feeling of the hand slowly moved out being closed right as his eyes meet with the giantess. A cold stare showed before the large fingers closed around him. 

Feeling his friend climb on he closed his fist decided to give a little act.

"Ow! Ow! Hey stop hitting me" Thomas pretended only to flinch and holler at a real bite. "Ow! Ok that was uncalled for" He snapped at his closed fist.

"My gloves! I should have let you put them on" Evelyn's face grew worried as she tried to take them off but Thomas stopped her holding up his free hand.

"I'll be fine let me just take care of this and I'll be right back" He stood as she smiled and moved some near by logs to block the cave.