Chapter 36

Typing away on his phone the seventeen year old scanned the area for any sign of the park stranger. He was already waiting on his date but the idea that he may have to watch over a possible threat worried him.

'What would he even do, it's not like I have evidence. He just mention the tagging.' Charlie lowered his head again before shoving away the smart phone.

"Somebody looks hungry!"

Looking over Charlie just barely had enough time to reach out as his girlfriend lunged hugging him tightly.

"Ow! Jess!" He laughed feeling the sharp pain of something poking his back as she held him tightly. She let go as she revealed a picnic basket that was jabbing his back from the corners.

"Ok we got turkey and Ham subs for the trouble makers." Jessie held out the pre wrapped sandwiches quickly getting grabbed.

"Guys can you not snatch it out of her hand?"

"We didn't eat since breakfast we told you that in the car" The younger blonde glared to his older brother. Seeing the two quickly open the wrapping the two bit into their sandwiches as if they were eating their last meal.

"You need to eat too string bean"Jessie tossed over his sub and opened her own.

"Sure" He smiled down to the meatball sub before taking a bite.

"So...Charlie after this you mind if we talk alone?"

"Yeah that's fine"

Not long the twins finished running off leaving the couple. Fingers tangled tougher as they enjoyed the warm day.

"So what's up?" Charlie spoke up as he moved her more on his lap.

Adjusting herself she let out a soft hum as she held his arms around her torso.

"Charlie....I know you care about me. School or not you make time for me. And I try so much with you.....but this doesn't feel like enough..."

His once closed eyes opened as he moved a bit to meet with her concerned face. Studying her avoiding eyes he moved he curled his twined fingers into her palm to hold.

"Jess is something wrong? If you need more date nights. I don't mind" Charlie offered. A sickening feeling came in his stomach.

'What does she mean not enough?'

"I...Ok hear me out here" She moved herself infront of him and sat crossed legged. "Your very mature...and your so sweet. You said you have trouble being around your mom...and I love hanging out with the twins..."

"Jess...Are we breaking up? I'm confused"

"No! No the opposite! Ugh I'm terrible at this...I have been thinking that we have been tougther for a long time...we will be graduating soon and won't want to be living with your parents anymore."

Charlie felt his cheeks heat up as he began to put the pieces tougher. "Jess...are you sure? I'd be awhile to get a job and I wouldn't know the first thing about moving."

''I'd show you everything. Please it be wonderful" Her big brown eyes begged as she held his hands.

"....Alright...yeah I'd love to"