Chapter 11

''Daddy!" The girl pounced on her father's leg as he only made it a foot in the door.

"Hi honey dew" A man in his forties with dark brown hair and muscular build lifted her up kissing her cheek happily. ''Have you been good?"

"Yes!"

"Yeah jumping on my stomach is wonderful behavior" Thomas sat up

"Hey Tom where's your mom"

"Kitchen"

With a smile Hayden set down his daughter giving her a bag. "Here give mom the spices for the fish."

"Ok!" Lifting the slightly heavy bag she bolted in the kitchen.

Thomas moved as Hayden took his spot. Thomas jumped on the longer couch and pulled out his phone.

"So how was scouting today?"Thomas asked laying his back deeper in the pillow as he looked at some of his friend's posts.

"No humans just some bears and a few deers. I think the last human I saw was a drunk but you heard about that" Hayden lyed back as he shut his eyes.

"Anything on my application?" Thomas looked over the couch arm getting a shake of the head. "Not until your seventeen"

Pushing himself up he lyed his elbow on the arm of the couch."Oh come on it be perfect I caught a human twice now on my own. Nothing sooner?"

"That was a kid, and it's not a NO just a Not now. I am enjoying that your so eager to get this tho" His step father laughed not opening his eyes.

Thomas lyed back feeling a bit worried. He did want the job. But it was to help make out a plan. Scooters were just as they sounded. Giants who help separate humans and giants mostly to keep out any possible giant children like Lily from going to the human side and getting discovered.

The meeting ground where Lily, Charlie and him meet is a mostly deserted place where most will go to get a few berries from a near by bush but no one go through there not even scooters.

Charlie had come up with the idea to write out a map to know the exact way to avoid giants but their have been times where a scouter stopped to take breaks.

Lily actually ran into one by accident on the way to Charlie luckily Thomas was there to say it was another giant they were meeting.

Setting his phone down he closed his eyes. "As soon as I do that i'm calling for that spot" He muttered to himself. His head fell over as he drifted off.

Lily and her mother walked in setting the food on the kitchen dinner table.
"Dinner is ready!" Anna smiled only to get no response.

Walking in the living room a warm smile came on her face as she saw both her boys fast asleep.