Just you

Imagine your dad and boyfriend (Kai) don't get along. Your dad says something and Kai doesn't like it.
In 20 minutes me and Kai were going to meet my dad, Kai hadn't met him before. We had been dating for 3 years but meeting dads were always off bounds. Kai's relationship with his dad was, complicated and as was mine with my dad. All my siblings were vampires and I was a heretic as my mum had an affair with a witch.

We were going to the grill to have lunch with him. Honestly I was dreading it. Kai's temper plus my dads...personality, won't mix well.
"Ready" I yelled as I walked downstairs after getting dressed. I had a light,beige blazer with a matching flowy trousers. I paired it with a white crop top, a white small bag and small white heels. Once I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw Kai's head pop up from the sofa.
"You do realise we've been waiting for you for the past half hour" he laughed as I walked towards the back of the sofa. He rested his head back, looking up at me. I ran my fingers through his dark hair and kissed his forehead.
"Mmm" he hummed.
"Let's go then" I said while walking away, towards the door. He hopped off the sofa and run towards him. His hands snaked around my waist and he brought me into a hug from the back. I rested my head back onto his shoulder and smiled. I reached up and went of my tippy toes and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. We walked to the front door and Kai grabbed his car keys. As we left, Kai locked up and I headed for the car. He unlocked the car and I opened the door to slip in, Kai following soon after. Once Kai dipped his head and got into the car, I was already in securing my seatbelt.
"Do you think it will go well" I asked paranoid. He gave me a reassuring look and leaned over to kiss me, bringing my cheek into his hand, pecking my lips.
"I" he said, "will" with each word leaving a peck on my lips, "go" "great". I laughed slightly and he backed away, resting back into his own seat. I rested my head back into the seat and waited out the ride, it was only 10 minutes or so.

Once we arrived at the grill, Kai parked in a free space and stopped the engine. We both unlocked our seatbelts but before we got out the car, I froze. I took my head into my hands and nervously laughed, sitting up.
"Your just being paranoid" he said while rubbing my back. His hand reached for mine and bring it into his, taking it away from my face.
"Yeah" I hummed. He reached over to give me a small peck on the lips and the backed away. Letting go of my hand, he got out the car so I followed. Getting out the car, heading into the grill, I heard the car lock. As we passed the doors of the grills entrance, I saw my dad. Sat at a reserved table waiting for us. I looked at Kai nervously and mouthed,
"Be nice", giving him a serious look.
"I'll be on my best behaviour" he whispered into my ear, smiling smugly. We walked over to my dad and as he saw us he stood up from his chair.
"Y/n" he said with a stern look on his face.
"Hi dad" I replied while awkwardly smiling. Gripping Kai's hand tighter, nervous.
"Manners I'm Kai" he introduced himself, holding his hand out to shake my dads hand. My dad took Kai's hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you, your y/n partner I'm guessing" he asked, their hands parting.
"Yeah" Kai said smiling. Kai held a chair out for me and I sat down, Kai sat down next to me and my dad sat in his previous space. Before we could start conversation, the waiter came over to us with a broad smile on his face.
"Hi I'm joe and I'll be your waiter today, do you know what you would like for drinks" he beamed down at us. My dad gestured for me and Kai to order so we did but like he could read my mind Kai ordered for me.
"I'll have a coke and the lady will have a lemonade" Kai answered, the waiter scribbled down our orders and turned to my dad.
"Just a water" he said and with that the waiter left to get our drinks. Kai placed his hand on my thigh, calming me as my leg was bouncing up and down nervously.
"So" Kai started "What brings you to mystic falls" he continued, facing my dad.
"Well certainly not y/n" my dad began, making Kai's face frown. "I came to visit my other children" he finished. My face fell and I looked at Kai's hand on my thigh, he squeezed it reassuring me.
"Don't talk about her like that" he ordered, giving my dad a stern look. He laughed at Kai's order and I could tell Kai was getting fired up.
"Kai" I whispered under my breathe "it's ok" I reassured him, placing my hand onto of his which was still resting on my thigh.
"Yeah Kai, it's ok" my dad mocked. Kai raised an eyebrow and busted out in laughter. I slapped his hand and he rested his elbow on the table and hid his face, still laughing.
"Sorry" he said, not seeming the slightest bit sorry.
"Is something funny" my dad questioned, surprised anyone would talk back to him.
"Yeah actually there is" Kai answer, lifting his head from his hand.
"Go ahead" my dad challenged him. Gesturing for him to talk on.
"You think you can willy-nilly walk into my girlfriends life and be a just as bad father as you were when she was younger" he started and I sighed knowing what was going to happen. "News flash, not gunna happen" he said with his own humour and sass. My dad almost seemed stunned.
"She's my daughter, I can say anything I want to her" he defended.
"Oh so now you're choosing when you want to be her dad and not just an asshole" he said smugly smiling. "Fun" he added, looking over to me who was sat in dread. Interrupting them, the waiter came over with our drinks.
"One lemonade" he said, placing the drink in front of me. "One coke" he continued, putting the coke in front of Kai "And one water" he said merrily before my dad cut him off.
"Actually I best get going" he said as he sat up, pushing the chair back under the table. He took no time to grab little of what he brung and awkwardly smiled at me before he left. I watched a he walked out the door and the looked back to Kai who seemed amused. The waiter stood there, confused and unsure what to say.
"Do you know what you want to-" he began before Kai interrupted him.
"The bill please" he smiled up at the waiter, still amused he had got to my dad.
"No problem " Joe replied. He smiled and put his notepad back into his pocket, walking off. I looked away for a second, processing what happened then looked back at Kai.
"Seriously" I said with annoyance. I wanted nothing other than him and my dad to get along.
"He was being a dick to you" he defended, I mean he did have a point.
"I told you it was fine" I replied slightly raising my voice.
"Nobody gets to talk to you like that and get away with him, god y/n have some self respect." He blurred out in a moment of annoyance. My eyes automatically connected with his as he realised what he just said. Quick enough, tears too place in my eyes. I took his hand off my thigh and stood up from my chair.
"Y/n I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" he said before I cut him off by walking away from the conversation. He slumped back into his chair, letting a breath out. He reached for his wallet and took out £20, even thought the drinks were probably only £5 and put it on the table. He put his wallet back in his pocket and stood from his chair. As he left the restaurant, I was waiting by the car, my back slumped on the door. I forgot Kai had the keys so had to wait from him to drive me home. I had been discreetly crying, letting tears fall down my face. He walked over to me and before I could stop him he took me into his arms. He took the back of my head and rested it on his chest. I didn't bother to fight it, so I brung my arms around to his back and gripped his shirt. I quietly sobbed into his chest, he stroked the back of my hair comforting me.
"I'm sorry" he said as his chin rested on the top of my head. I slightly pulled back from his chest, mascara smudged on his top.
"It's ok" I said as I looked down. He wiped my eyes dry with his thumb and opened the car door for me after unlocking it. He gestured for me to get in so I did. He shut the door after me and I watched him make his way to his side. He opened his door and dipped his head down as he got in the car. He sat back and sighed, turning his head to me. Our eyes locked and I rested my head back on the seat. He saw how my eyes were red and puffy and felt a pain inside him he had never felt before. He placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed his softly as he started the engine.

𝐊𝐚𝐢 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें