Chapter 11: An Evening Flight

Start from the beginning

Oops.

But the best part of the ship was the windows. They filled up most of the walls and I constantly fought the urge to roam towards them. I couldn't wait to see the view over the ocean. Although, I did feel a bit ridiculous because no one else was getting as excited.

"Here is where you will be staying. Each of your rooms contains a bathroom, a king-sized bed, a TV, a closet, and a mini kitchen." He stood by the doorway opening a room which Bisky was first to claim. I followed in after her. The guide gave each of us our room cards as well as room numbers. All of us neighboring each other. "We will arrive in Shezun city by tomorrow morning. The ship takes off in 20 minutes," he finished then left promptly.

The boys head to their rooms but Bisky grabbed my arm before I left to mine. "You know what we should do tonight?" She asked excitedly. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw what she was going to say.

"A bar?" I hesitantly questioned.

"Yes! And stop doing that- but watching you bowl over the ship, my dear I need to teach you a thing or two about fun."

I didn't know if I wanted to have fun. Or maybe my type of fun was different from this. I was always satisfied running through the woods or venturing off somewhere alone. But as of right now, I held certain things in the back of my mind. I crossed my arms unsure. "It feels weird to relax when we're on a mission. I feel like I should be training or resting during my free time," I said sulking my shoulders.

Though I wouldn't mind exploring this place a bit more...

"Okay, how about we do more training when we get to the city. I'll help you practice your targeting and projectile skills. We'll cover more Nen techniques and continue getting intel on the man. Also, resting is a part of training. We'll pick up everything tomorrow."

She's right...maybe I should give it a try.

I wasn't used to being drawn out to have fun. Everything was on my own schedule, isolated and limited. I rubbed my arm and huffed. What good was it to pass up these opportunities? "Okay, let's do it!" I agreed.

"Perfect!"

"BUT, I want Kurapika to join," I quickly added. His aura was also poking at my head. His determination had matched mine and it only felt right to include him too. "It bet he could also use some time to be in the moment with us."

"Sure, here's what will happen. You can go shower and rest for the day and I'll pick up a dress for us. I'll also let Kurapika know about tonight."

Another warm feeling comforted my skin. Here her motherly aura, a rosy pink color softened my own. My heart fluttered lighter, the same feeling with Gunther. Were people this kind out here? Was this what it was like to make a friend? Her aura, her own emotions...made me so happy.

"Th-thank you," I flushed, unsure how to return the favor before heading to my room. I immediately took off my clothes and hopped in the shower. My feet were sore from running but I was used to that pain. Still, I couldn't ignore the fatigue inside and constant thoughts of the future. And now, someone noticed and asked me to relax. Just like father.

I sighed looking down at the floor, letting the shower pelt my head.

I need to watch out for him, my thoughts dug up what I've been suppressing. Hisoka.

After being around him for the past 24 hours, I realized something. Hisoka was indeed stronger than me. A prodigy in his skills to adapt. That's why his aura had never been hesitant. It's what I saw in the election. An underlying passion to kill because he thought himself to be the strongest. The intensity of it was too packed to break down. And I needed to keep him at bay.