The Embodiment of Happiness

WOAH TWO UPLOADS IN 3 DAYS THIS IS A MIRACLE.

Remember when I was uploading one chapter a day? Pfffft that was lame. Anyways enjoy this proofread chapter!

I can't think of any triggers but if I've missed anything please let me know-

601 Words

I woke up. My head stung with pain. Footsteps. Talking. Music. Shouting. Shadows moving across the walls. 

"Oh Grian~" A voice called out, elongating the syllables as much as the person could. Shivers run down my spine. "You're done for. I'm in control now!"

"Snap out of it Grain! What has Grian done to deserve this?!" A child-sounding voice called out.

"He took away our freedom brother. With him gone, we can get the freedom we need!"

"Is this how you want the freedom brother?! Don't you just want happiness?!"

"But-"

"Just leave us alone Grain."

I looked up at the figures, watching Grain leave the room. Everything was blurry but my vision would soon clear up. I saw a hand with an open bottle in it, connecting to the small figure from before.

"Drink this. It's a healing potion, it'll clear your vision up and heal any other injuries for ya!" The cute, innocent figure giggled.

"And how can I trust you? I mean yeah, you argued with Grain but how do I know you're not just as evil but with different intentions?!" I spluttered out, worried and almost annoyed.

"I'm Grain's brother. I don't really have a name, everyone just calls me 'Cod-boy' or 'Cod'. I'm not 'corrupted' or whatever. I don't even know what this glitch thing is! Nobody tells me anything anymore. They just lock me in my room and it's driving me INSANE! I just want to know everything! They won't let me have any interaction with you and they've all just turned cold. I'm scudding 11 years old! I should be allowed freedom!" 

I felt guilty. I accused him for being like his brother when he is different. I can trust him, right? I know I can trust him. He wants the same to happen that I do. I looked up at the blurry figure, before taking the potion and chugging it. My cloudy vision soon became a clear sky and the rest of the pain soon faded.

"Thanks Cod..."

"No problem!"

"Do you.. like being called Cod or Cod-boy?"

"Not really... I wish I had an actual name.."

"What about... Zale?"

"I- That's amazing! Thank you so much Grian!"

"Hehe... It's no problem, really."

"Well it's about time you wake up..."

"What do you mean? I am awake????"

"I mean outside the mindscape. I mean in real life with Mumbo and that lot."

"Promise you'll talk to me again Zane?"

"Promise."

The atmosphere was panicked and worried, I could tell. I slowly regained my senses and opened my eyes. The bright lights covered my vision. I closed my eyes again. Too bright. Panic. Worry. Concern. My breathed became sharp. My heart raced. My head stabbed with pain.

Grian, you need to calm down before Grain gets here and takes advantage of you in this state!   I c-can't... Wait- Zale?! That's me, please calm down.   Aren't you locked in your room? Yeah, I just found a way to communicate with you!   Thank god you're safe. Yeah, hehe. You calm now?  Yeah I think so. Thanks Zale! No problem! Grain is coming so I have to go...  Bye..

I began to feel guilt and anxiety well up inside of me. What if Zale isn't safe??? I opened my eyes slowly, attempting to adjust to the bright light in the room. I saw figures stood by me, 3 of them. I couldn't make out who they were but I did know they were worried. I was more worried about Cod. I held onto the small hope I had. However, I knew the worst was still yet to come...

CLIFFHANGER AGAIN (Storm this is revenge)

Well, theories anyone?

Also the deadline for the competition is.... uhhhhh.... 21st July bc Storm's ends on the 20th July and I'm special.

Ok I should go tell the Phanstorm duo I've uploaded this chapter-

Adios

-Impy