The Drama

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. Every time I went to write, I got distracted sooooo...

Well it's the Easter holidays for me now so I should be uploading more! Anyways there's a few warnings for this chapter- not spoiler worthy though. Just love and therapy. Anyways enjoy reading this even though I hated writing this

823 words

"Grian we can settle this cal-" False started as we all took flight, me riding on Mumbo's back. We landed pretty gracefully, cutting ourselves slightly on the sharp grass. 

"Grian- Please no-" False started once again before she was laid on the floor, dying of laughter. I turned to look at Mumbo, who seemed almost scared of me. I ran up to him and hugged him, knowing it would make him feel better. He giggled slightly as he hugged me back. I felt his arms wrap tightly around my waist. I could feel his heartbeat, beating slowly and calmly. His breaths were long and relaxed. My heart raced, faster than I could ever imagine. My breathes were short and sharp, slightly panicked at the situation. I heard the laughing fade away, I assumed False just left us due to the situation. I felt Mumbo grab my wrist and pull my arms over his shoulders, clearly preparing for something. He giggled slightly at my blushed and confused expression. 

"May I?" he asked.

"May you what?" I respond, confused

"May I kiss you Grian?"

"Wha- Wait.. Kiss me?!"

"Mhm. You seemed flattered while your around me, and you didn't tackle me to the floor and tickled me like you did with False..."

"Just shut up and kiss me." I mumbled.

"Hm?" he hummed.

"Just shut up. And kiss me." I said, firmly.

I felt his warm lips against mine. His arms wrapped tighter around my waist and I wrapped my arms tighter around the back of his neck. He pulled away, clearly needing to take a breath. I smiled as he turned his head away, clearly flustered.

"You alright Mumbo Jumbolio?"

"Yeah.."

"You don't seem it. What's up?"

"I'm fine Gri. I promise."

"Look at me Mumbo."

He turned to face me and I pull his head down and kiss him. He pulled away blushing intensely. I giggled slightly as I nuzzled my head into his chest.

"Wanna go cuddle in the base Gri?"

"Mhm.."

He held me close before picking me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and just relaxed. My eyelids felt heavy as Mumbo walked through the jungle.

"Gri? You needa wake up..." His tired voice sounded loud in the empty atmosphere. 

"Whyyyyyy?"

"Because we gotta get up and work today..."

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I want cuddles... I don't wanna workkkkk."

"Fine. Only for today. We have to work tomorrow okay?"

"Oki!"

I felt the bed get heavier on the other side, so I couldn't roll off the bed. I giggled slightly.

"What's so funny?"

"Just how I was basically falling off the bed and then I just stop moving-"

We both giggled slightly before cuddling into each other and slept. I woke up at midday, but Mumbo had woken up before. I got out of the bed and fixed my bed hair. I soon heard a knock on the door, so I rushed out the room and jumped down the ladder. I knew Mumbo was out, due to a letter he had left, I had to open the door. 

"Hey uhm- Grian?"

"Mhm? What's up?"

"Well.. I'm Impulse, as you probably don't know.."

"How can I help you Impulse?"

"I-.... Me and my two closest friends, Tango and Zedaph, got into a fight..."

I hugged him right there and then and just brought him into the hobbit hole, letting him sit down.

"Continue with the story."

"Well... It was me against them and they... said they never wanted see the disgrace of me ever again..."

He just burst into tears in front of me and I just hugged him. I hadn't been in this situation for years, and it's one of those feelings I never missed. I felt my jumper get soaked in tears but I couldn't care less. I heard the door open, knowing Mumbo had came home. 

"Mumbo!"

"Yeah Gri?"

"Can I have some help?"

I heard Mumbo enter the room and he sat next to me.

"What happened Impulse?"

"Basically he got into a fight against Tango and Zedaph and uh... they said they never wanted to see his disgraceful self ever again."

"Oh my days-"

"Mhm..."

We had a group hug before Impulse looked up at us.

"The worse part is... nobody except you two and Etho like me and will believe me so everyone is going to hate me!" he said, his voice sounding really upset and distressed.

"Impulse. How many people like me?" Mumbo asked.

"Everyone but Tango and Zedaph."

"And if you were with me when you told them, and I tell them it's true, how many people would believe you?"

"Almost everyone.."

"Exactly. Nobody is gunna hate you Impulse."

I felt the calm in Mumbo's voice and the distress in Impulse's voice combine, the calmness counterbalancing the distress. I smiled slightly.

Oh Grian. You really think your getting away from us that easily. Not a chance Grian. Not. A. Chance.

Welp. What's Grain going to do? What's going to happen with Impulse, Tango and Zedaph? Who is going to help them? What is going to happen next? Leave your theories here!

Well peace out I guess! (Shoutout to @Pit-and-Chase for keeping me company while writing this over VC when I did!) Also, I'll start signing off as Impy as most of my friends call me that now-

-Impy