A New Home?

AYYYYYY Second chapter, It's almost midnight where I am so like-

By the way, if the end looks kind of rushed, I had someone distracting me the whole time. :) You know who you are.

774 words

The British voice sounded gentle, almost welcoming.

"Y-yeah I'm new around here." I respond, my voice shaky.

"I'm sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Xisuma, admin of Hermitcraft." He said, his voice joyful and almost glad to be talking to me. That's new. "You seem shocked I am talking to you. Is everything ok?"

"Yep. Everything is fine."

"Don't lie to me. It's your alter ego isn't it?"

"I-... Yes its my alter egos. I'm..... corrupted..."

To my surprise, he didn't look shocked. He looked thrilled, excited. 

"We have someone like you on Hermitcraft. Swedish, name's Iskall. He's been looking for someone like him."

"His name means icy right?"

"Mhm!"

"Well.. I'm Grian and my name is Irish for Sun."

"That's pretty cool! Anyways, would you like to join hermitcraft?"

I gulped. New server. Accepted. Someone like me. But it could all be bait, couldn't it. It could be a trap. Who am I kidding! He's so friendly and seemed thrilled to find someone like Iskall. Icykall. I feel he accepts me. I feel like I should go. Besides, he doesn't seem like he would trick me, right?

"I-.. I would love to!"

"Great. Just be warned. You may be attacked at first, mainly because Bdubs, False and Doc are very protective of the hermits and don't want people to endanger them. Just stick with me and you should be fine."

"O-ok.."

"By the way, how many alter egos do you have?" 

"A ton but there is mainly 5 or 6 controlling."

"Iskall has 4 but that's... harsh."

"Yeah.."

I feel his fingers interlock with mine as he starts walking, me following slightly behind. We stood infront of the server portal. It was spilt into 7. Xisuma took me over to the end one. It was labelled 'Hermitcraft Season 7'. He pulled me through the portal and we ended up on a small island.

"Welcome, Grian, to Hermitcraft Season 7!"

The chat was going insane:

>False< Who is this X?

>Bdubs<  Are they here to be slaughtered?

>Doc< Bdubs chill out a bit. They have to be here for a decent reason, especially since it's during the season.

>Iskall< Wait X? You said you wouldn't come back unless you found one? Have you?

>Xisuma< False: This is Grian. Bdubs: No. Doc: Yes they are here for a decent reason. Iskall: Indeed I have.

>Iskall< I thought you would never find one!

>Xisuma< Come to spawn then Iskall.

>Cleo< I'm confused.

>Stress< OH. OOOOOOH.

>Mumbo< Stress?

>Stress< Don't worry I understand what he means.

"Xisuma!" I heard a Swedish accent call. I assumed it was Iskall, and I was right. Iskall came down and hugged Xisuma tightly before coming over to me. He smiled and just stood there, probably confused how someone who looks so innocent could be corrupted.

"I'm going to let you two bond a bit. Just don't let your corruptions take over ok?"

"Alright X!" Iskall said, followed by me nodding. 

He looked at me and smiled, clearly not the best with social activity. To be honest, I was probably worse.

"So... I'm Iskall, Swedish, 4 Corrupted Egos and I live in the Jungle biome."

"I'm Grian, English, Mainly 6 Corrupted Egos and I'm new here but used to live in an extreme hills biome."

"Were you... exiled?"

"Yeah... They hated me. This is my fourth server I've been in."

"Second server here but at least your going to be accepted now!"

"True... You seem very in control with your corruptions. How?"

"Oh! X didn't tell you about the special helmet. It limits what your egos can do. During day at least. We have some unique mechanics in this server too. If one person sleeps, it skips the night for everyone and it stops phantoms spawning, etc. There's also mob heads. Like if you kill someone or something then you might get their mob or player head! You can also get them from wondering traders." 

"What is a wondering trader and phantoms?"

Iskall looked at me, shocked. I stared back confused, unsure what he was thinking about.

"You don't know about wandering traders or phantoms? What about Piglins, Crimson and Warped Forests, Nether wastelands, Hoglins?"

"What are you talking about Iskall?" 

He sighed as I felt a heavy item get placed on my head. Probably the helmet. 

"Oh hey False!" Iskall said, his voice cheerful.

"Hey Iskall, Grian." She responded, sword in hand and voice proud. Kind of a scary first impression.

I stayed silent, making it clear False was intimidating me. She put the sword down and sat down with us, trying to show she isn't actually scary.

"What are you two doing?" She asked, her tone changing to be more gentle.

"I was just explaining the 1.16 stuff to Grian, along with what Phantoms and Wandering Traders are." Iskall responded, clearly enjoying the company of False.

I stayed silent. I soon felt another hand on my shoulder. It wasn't False or Iskall. It didn't carry the same weight as Xisuma. It was gloved, and by the look on the other two's faces, it isn't normally gloved. I felt scared to turn around, mainly because the other two were staring in shock...

Mushroom dance. Mushroom dance. Whatever could it mean? It means you've been visted by.....

Ok I'm sorry that was dumb. Well. Theories?

- Imposter