The... End?...

Sorry for the short chapter! Just needed a short one so we can get some D r a m a

TW: Sassiness and Sacrasm, Slight S3lf H*t3 (???)

Ok goodbye my cholds

ALSO 1K READS THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH

463 words

I woke up with tears rolling down my cheek and a thud in my head. I felt arms wrapped around me. I recalled the events that had just flashed before my eyes and I let out a slight yelp. I feel emotions take over and I held the arms that were wrapped around me. I felt a hand ruffle my hair and another hand rub my back. I took a deep breath before looking up at the boys infront of me.

"You guys ok?" I wondered.

"Yeah we're just worried about you" Iskall reassured me.

"What- what happened Grian?..." Mumbo mumbled into my ear.

"A lot. A scudding lot." I responded, regaining stability and my breath.

"Wanna talk about it?" Xisuma asked.

"He's dead."

"Who's dead?" Iskall questioned.

"Zale. The only non-corrupted alter died. By the blade of his brother. Infront of my eyes. I did nothing to stop it. I just delayed it happening. I'm a monster. Now I see why they all isolated me."

I sat in silence as the other three took in what I just said. I'm an actual monster. I'm such a monster. Why do these people have me as friends?...

"Grian... It's not your fault..." Mumbo murmured.

"Yes it is Mumbo! I could have stopped it but I didn't!" I snapped.

"You did the best you could and that's all that matters." Xisuma assured me.

"But I could have prevented the death! I didn't do the best I could have!" I objected.

"You might have been able to prevent it but you didn't see that at the time so you can't blame yourself there Gri." Iskall countered.

"But Iskall-"

"No buts. It's true, isn't it?"

I sighed. I knew it was true. I knew it's not my fault.

"Wait-"

I look up at the three of them.

"Grain and Autocoreect hugged me and that's not normal. I think- I think that death weakened the corruption..."

"But how is that possible?"

"I don't know... Maybe destroying the Alters is the way to finish our corruptions Iskall..."

"What if there is another way?"

"If so... Does that mean this isn't the end?"

"Grian... I think this has only just began..."

"What.. do you mean Iskall?.." 

"I mean we have only just begun the process to delete the corruptions. We have to keep going on the journey and it's something that if we screw up, we can die."

"You're not wrong... But how do we know if we aren't screwing it up?"

"We don't."

"We.. don't?"

"Nope. We have no clue if it'll go right or wrong til either the corruptions gone or you're... dead..."

"Well thanks for the reassurance there Iskall."

"Sarcasm?"

"Wow Sherlock has finally cracked the case! Of course it's scudding sarcasm."

"I-"

"Welp guess it's time to go die!"

"You need a plan Grian-"

"What... could be... the plan?"

SO THEORIES ANYONE? Nobody? ok.

alsotheremightbeasequeltothisbooksolookoutforthat

OK GOODBYE

-Impy