𝐈

𝙺𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑 𝚁𝚎𝚎𝚍
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

My names Murda,
Ion know who you are, or why i'm doing this shit but you best make it quick cuz ion like to waste time especially when i have it. I ain't wanted to write to you it's only cuh i have to. Oh yeah you ass bet no respond back I got a plan to stop me from doing this and it involves you not replying:)

Kasiyah's eyes hovered over the text as she read the letter. Rude much, she thought. Believe it or not she was about to cry, she disliked when people came off as rude to her or even shouted at her so for this to be through a piece of paper it made it worse.

Choosing to avoid the letter or any of her thoughts she switched on her music and hummed along to, "Independent women" by Destiny's child.

From the age of 17, Kasiyah had always provided for herself. No, her mum wasn't an addict but she was very distant, little did Kasiyah know that her mother was only providing her a way to find herself and how to do things her own way. Kasiyah was a hard working women who knew that if she wanted something she would get it.

As she sang the lyrics, "All the women, independent throw your hands up at me!" she started to think about how she got to where she was. Living comfortably and in luxury, she owned a nice modern apartment that had everything she needed. Kasiyah had gotten all the degress needed to become a successful social worker at the current age of 22.

All her life, she had loved kids, every child that came across her loved her presence and always wanted to play with her. When introduced to new environments where kids were not in the best living conditions she had grown the urge to help these kids and use her skills to make sure that they are the happiest they could ever be.

It has now been a year since she first started her job as a social worker and she truly loved it. Standing up to go get some iced tea she reached over her table to look at Kamiyah and Sekani Terrance's file.

Kamiyah and Sekani were twins. Her boss had told her to look into their case and visit them, ever since then she has not stopped working to get them in the safest hands. Kamiyah was older by 1 minute. Kasiyah always told her to remember the girl power from within whenever her brother would tell her that it's supposed to be the boy first to protect her.

Kasiyah went to meet them over six months ago, and was very shocked. The house was a mess and smelled of heavy weed. To distract the kids from there already drunk mother she had took them to chic fil a to ease their mind.

No matter how many times she read over their file, it always shocked her as to how much pain they endured. It may have not been physically but it was emotionally tiring for them. Currently their father was trying to get custody of them, and from the outside his record was squeaky clean.

Kamiyah and Sekani were both extremely excited to go live with their father and see their little sister. Kasiyah was not too sure about their father but they were happy so she was too, and besides he would allow them to see eachother every saturday when she's free so that they could bond.

The music changed to "Killing me softly with his song" snapping her out of her thoughts. She returned to the letter on the sofa. "He has neat handwriting" she thought. After a few minutes of observing the letter, she began to wonder why the one time she decided to do good for somebody and to help her boss out, she has to encounter a rude character.

Kasiyah enjoyed working with the kids and stayed well out of the adults section. Adults didn't have social workers but she had joined a group with her boss to help men in jail have somebody to talk to and grow a friendship to not feel lonely.

She had seen Murda's mug shot and pondered as to how a fine man like him ended up in prison. She had been putting off writing to him so it was a relief when she had recieved a letter first. But what he had written had made her fully aware of how long this journey would be.

hey yall tell me what you think about this new book, it's something different and i'm excited about it!