Chapter 36

"Tell me again what you're looking for?" Mahito poked his head from around the corner of the bookshelf. "Something to tame her, or at least suppress that woman's powers." Geto replied back, his eyes hadn't left the pages of each book he's searched. After closing the book he skimmed through, he went to another part of the library and picked out another book, Mahito, on the other hand, let his finger slide through the spines of each novel. He wasn't interested in reading anything, he regretted coming along with Geto. "Do you think she has already found him? To Sukuna, I mean." Mahito questioned the focused man. His smile never left his face. "I have no doubt about that. I feel as though she's becoming more of a threat than a potential ally." Geto sighed out. Mahito nodded at his answer. He was curious about her relationship standings with the King of Curses, he was completely invested in her. "Have you found something yet?" Mahito asked again. Geto looked over to him and closed the book he was reading. "Sort of. I haven't gathered much yet, but I'm trying to find some information that is consistent with what she said last time." Geto put back the book and gained another one once again. "You actually believe her words?" Mahito poked Geto's shoulder. "Why of course. She looked to be truly honest, and you're aware of that too. You believe her story too. Her powers are far more different than jujutsu sorcerers and curses. She's definitely something beyond this world, one where we would never reach." Geto acknowledged.

"Then may I ask, what relationship do you think she has with Sukuna?" Mahito leaned his body back onto a table filled with books. "His lover, I presume." Geto let out a sly smirk. "How can you be so sure?" Mahito's eyes widened. "Considering that she's been here for more than a thousand years, and so has Sukuna, I can only assume that they had somewhat of a close relationship with one another. If that's not enough proof, well, let's do an experiment!" Geto held out the book he was reading to Mahito. The pages were completely worn-out and difficult to read. It showed weird symbols as well as chants. "Is this a ritual?" Mahito tilted his head and Geto nodded. "Yes, and what I've read so far is that the Gods are not happy with her and this is a way to get rid of that woman." Geto smiled brighter. Mahito took the book out of his hands and read it for himself, and a page caught his eye. The page was filled with rules of a particular species, the angels from millennials back. It was shocking to find something like this out of the open, especially in this tacky library. Mahito filled over a couple pages once more and found a definite answer to his question. 'Any divine beings who break any laws must be executed.' A bold statement.

"I've also found this book too, but it's more of a document. It has some pretty interesting stuff." Geto handed the document to Mahito while he returned the one he was holding back to him. Mahito flipped the first page to find that it was signed by someone. 'Kotaro'. Someone by this name has recorded something beyond their understanding. Mahito kept flipping the pages, he found this person's words to be extremely informative. 'A bond was created between them, it was different than a contract of a curse, a more powerful one.' A contract that differs from a curse's? Mahito flipped over to the next page. 'Ryoumen Sukuna. He took away everything. He even took her away. The contract they shared is tremendous. I hurt her once, in front of him. He was weakened. Seems like the likely way to get rid of him is to also get rid of her.' Mahito raised an eyebrow and put on a smile. "Well this is a little interesting. That confirms our suspicion. It's either we lose or we take both of them down. But we need Sukuna don't we? To reign over everything?" Mahito let out a frustrating sigh, but Geto cut in. "We don't entirely need him, we just need him on our side. But it seems like that's never going to happen. We can always find better allies after his death. We best be off with the second option." Geto composed and Mahito shrugged his shoulders. "As long as we win in the end, nothing else matters."

She was still in his domain, their interaction was minimal but sweet. "How were you never furious with me?" Sukuna suddenly asked, his voice was muffled through her hair. "I Sort of was. I didn't really know how to feel during certain situations. I wasn't taught how to control or how to feel with my emotions. I felt like I could never be fully mad at you back then, it was probably because of everything that happened. You know, the angel stuff." Y/N let out a small laugh. "But now, when I think about it, I really should have done this a long time ago." Y/N let go of Sukuna and looked at him through his eyes. Suddenly, a loud sound of skin made contact with his cheek. Y/N just slapped him, and that part of his body stung. Sukuna's face was turned to the side, he held where she hit him, feeling the sore part. Sukuna let out a sly smile. "Alright, I deserved that." He says while rubbing his cheek. "You see I would hit you more, but I like you too much." Y/N smiled. Sukuna looked at her to see her face. She was happy, that face showed a ton of emotions where he could not describe.