Chapter 33

Gojo scanned the setting in front of him. The cafe that he bonded with his students completely disintegrated. Most of the ashes on the ground were from the bodies of all those innocent people that got caught in a despicable act. Despite the grotesque act, Gojo stepped on the property to look for some clues. He felt something off, he had the same feeling when he came down to this part of the city with his students. Something was truly here and it was not just in his imagination. That essence was still here lingering, but the source was nowhere to be found. Could it be that the creature did this? No, it was clear that Mahito and Jogo were the ones who did this. This led Gojo to conclude that they had gotten to that thing first. This was bad, they were now in a deadly position. That thing that Mahito got has so much power and was incredibly dangerous for them. If they found a way to use it as a weapon, then this would be a tough fight for him.

Gojo sighed out of frustration. If only he didn't slack off and actually investigated early, he would have found the source first. Nothing was going his way. If his students found out about the incident, they would not take this very well. No, Gojo had a feeling that they already knew about this. Gojo let out a hum. He was thinking about how to come about the situation. They couldn't track down Mahito or any of his accomplices, so what could he do? Gojo felt a couple people coming near the scene. "Sensei. We want to help with the investigation." One of his students, Yuuji, asked him. Gojo turned around to see their serious faces. As he expected, they were not too happy about this. "This investigation is slightly different. I can't let you participate." The triplets became confused, it was not the first time they had bumped into Mahito and his crew. They didn't understand what their teacher was thinking, or what was different about the situation. "Why? Why won't you let us investigate this? It's not like he hasn't faced Mahito before. He's killed so many people just now. Please sensei, I don't want this to happen again." Yuuji truly has a way with words. His face was extremely determined. Of course he would feel this way, he knew what was going on in his head. A boy like him was one of a kind.

"Yuuji, this is not the same. I can't let you three participate." If Gojo let them, he would be putting his students into completely unknown territory, one where they might not come back from. He trusted them completely, but their safety was top priority. Yuuji saw the look on his mentor's face, he was completely different. He was not smiling, or making any ridiculous jokes. Yuuji knew this situation was completely different, but he still wanted to participate. It was his job as a jujutsu sorcerer and as a person to protect everyone around him. Yuuji's heart broke. He felt the urge to help, but he couldn't go against his teacher's word. "Gojo-sensei, please let us go through the investigation with you." Megumi intervenes. Gojo scanned his face, he had the same feelings as Yuuji, and the same look when he wanted to save his friend. Nobara then stepped into the conversation. "We will let you come along to any of our trips and annoy us whenever you want for the month." Megumi and Yuuji looked at her as if she was crazy making a deal like that. Gojo let out a laugh, he was convinced. "You got me there. I will gladly accept the deal. So no take backs!" Gojo put his hands on his hips and put on a goofy smile. The trio jumped up in delight that they were now part of the investigation. Gojo knew that the higher ups would not accept this, but what can he do about it? His precious students begged him to and he could never say no to them.

"So sensei, what's the situation?" Megumi asked curiously. "I haven't confirmed the higher ups yet, but there is something extraterrestrial here. I don't know if you guys could feel it too, but there is this essence left behind from this place. It's not normal." Gojo answered in a way that they would understand. "Do you mean we're dealing with something that is not a curse?" Yuuji pressed in. "Exactly. Whatever this thing is, we wouldn't know how to get rid of it. That's why I did not want you guys to come into this investigation." The three students looked at each other in dismay. If this was not a cursed spirit, how would they get rid of it? "So that means it's powerful and Mahito got to it first. Right?" Nobara put a finger on her chin. "Correct!" Gojo answered with two thumbs up. His idiotic gesture made Nobara regret her deal. He did not want to have the annoyance of their teacher all day for the next month.