Chapter 1

The sweet scent of a young human dashes through a crowded village. She was a hidden gem among all, she shone the brightest, although she was never noticed. A couple men tried getting her attention, but all failed. She was never interested in men who could only like her for her looks. She wishes that one day, she would fall in love with a kind-hearted man, who would treat her as his queen and she would treat him as her king.

As she continued to run, she bumped into a rather normal looking man. He seems to be in his early twenties, he wasn't handsome or ugly. He looked average. The young man looked at her with disgust in his eyes, before averting them and stomping away angrily. She couldn't believe the expression he made at her, but she decided to ignore it.

Continuing on, she finally reached a temple. It wasn't too large or extravagant, it looked more abandoned. Not many people came over to put in their prayers. The shrine was originally built for a mythical creature who was large with four muscular arms who took a human form with many lined tattoos over their body.

Y/N would feel bad for the abandoned shrine and would always try to make time to go and give her respects. Even if she didn't know who this shrine belonged to. Y/N would leave a basket of food as a sign of respect. Many days in this village were peaceful. Nothing out of the ordinary happened often. If something were to happen, then the problem would be resolved in an instance.

After saying her prayers, she started to head back to her lonely but comfortable home. She does wish to share her home with someone one day. She felt lonely most of her days, but she doesn't mind.

The sun over the horizon started to fall down, and stars began to appear. Maybe she'll stay up past her bedtime just to look at the brightly lit sky.

Y/N's home was much further out from the village. Probably that's why she felt like an outcast. Although she wasn't someone to dwell on this kind of thing. She would rather keep her head up and fill her mind with amazing images of the future. No matter what the future looked like for her, she would always accept it. She believes that the Gods fated her with this future.

Many assume that she isn't right in the head, but who cares. Everyone has the free will to believe what they want to believe. No one should have the authority to tell you what you should believe, no one asked to understand you.

As the wind becomes colder, and the night becomes darker. A sudden warm air filled her nostrils. It was unsettling, it wasn't a good kind of warm air, it smelt like something was burning, and it was coming for her village.

Y/N, looking shocked, started to run towards the raging flames that terrorised her village. Why would she run towards the fire? It's simple, to help any troubled people that need help escaping.

As she reached the village, no one was there. No one alive was there. There were many scattered dead bodies on the ground. Who, or what, did this hideous act? And why?

The flames started to die down quickly, leaving only ashes. Not many buildings stayed up, most were burnt to the ground, some weren't even there anymore. In this moment, she truly felt alone.

Maybe it was her fault that the village burst into flames. Or perhaps it was the Gods punishing her village for a crime that no one knows of. Either way, she wasn't getting her answer anytime soon.

Not knowing what to do, Y/N slowly sat down. Just a minute ago, everything was fine, perfect even. Everyone was happy. Now there's nothing left.

Y/N's kimono was now covered with black ashes. As she looked down, she felt useless. There was nothing left for her.

As she sat there quietly, listening to the crackling sounds of the wood, she heard footsteps coming towards her. She didn't know what to expect, was this person good or bad? Were they going to help her? From the sounds of this person's footsteps, they sounded heavy and strong. Y/N assumed that these were footsteps of a man.