Chapter 2

There he was. As soon as she turned away from her, he quickly jumped up and left. He was standing on a branch on one of the highest trees, and he made sure she couldn't see him.

As he was observing her, he could see her looking confused. She was trying to find him. Her body was turned many times trying to see where he left it. It was amusing to watch her frantically moving around. She looked absolutely clueless on what she should do. She didn't run away as he expected her to. When a sluggish monster lunges towards you, your immediate instinct is to run away to safety.

She just stood there. Was she going to fight it? He couldn't predict what she would do. Did this woman want to die? She better not die on him just like that. He was her God. She wasn't allowed to pass on, unless he told her to, which most likely wouldn't be any time soon.

Her actions started to bore him, until he saw the sharp limbs that the creature grew out. It was going to stab her, and her back was turned from the monster. How stupid could this woman be? Does she even have a brain of her own. Sukuna could feel second hand embarrassment from her. What a ridiculous human to act this foolish. He felt embarrassed to know this human was his plaything and servant.

He thought this situation would be pure entertainment to him, but it was the opposite. He cringed at how weak she was, and how much of a dunderhead too. He couldn't bear it. He was supposed to be the most powerful curse there was. He was supposed to always feel superior. He was the King of Curses after all. It would be out of place to see the King of Curses act this way. It was pure embarrassment for him.

Sukuna just thought that he would just jump down and save the needy woman, which he was about to do, but something unexpected happened.

The man felt a warm liquid run down his side. Sukuna looked over to see it was coming from his side. How was this even possible? Did the monster attack him when he wasn't paying attention? No, it couldn't. He would have felt its cursed energy way before it could even land a hit on him. So why was he bleeding? And why was it painful?

He turned to look what the stupid woman was doing. She was currently on the ground bleeding out, with the same looking wound that Sukuna had. So much blood was also pouring out of her. He looked over to the curse's sharp limb. The limb currently had a piece of cloth on it, Sukuna could only assume it was from the woman's kimono.

As the limb retracted, it lunged forward to the woman's face. She quickly saw this and made the decision to move quickly, but not quick enough. The curse still managed to scrape her cheek. A trail of blood followed from the wound.

Sukuna watched intensely. He could feel a trail of blood from his cheek, which was the same as on the woman's. His hand slowly reached up to touch it, it stung, and it was painful. A simple cut was very painful for him. This made Sukuna dumbfounded. A simple cut managed to cause an aching pain on his left cheek. This was an disturbing discovery.

The fact that he had the same wound, in the same places, as she did. And the pain that he felt, it probably mirrored hers. Sukuna didn't need to know anymore about this situation. He understood one thing from this eventful situation. Everything that's happening to her body will also happen to his. That was the only conclusion he came up with. Nothing could explain this unnatural phenomenon that was happening. He would need to research into this a bit more, but right now that was not his concern. His current concern was to save that damned woman now before things come more out of hand.

He was already feeling the dizziness from the blood loss, but he was able to tolerate it more than she. He saw her passed out onto the ground and the sluggish monster's limb was about to stab her and kill her. Sukuna is not ready to be defeated this easily. There is no way he was going to let a third grade curse hurt his pride and reputation.