Chapter 17

Sukuna looked like he glided down the flight of stairs, Y/N was not able to keep up. She tried not to trip and fall due due to the rate she was going down. Sukuna did not seem to notice the poor girl trying to keep up. It would be physically impossible for her to glide down the stairs like he did. The physically active man was almost already down, but she was well far away from her.

He didn't even look back, to check up on her. How inconsiderate of him, but then again, why would he care any more. He was expecting her to be right by his side, but she currently was not right beside him, or behind him. Sukuna was already on the floor, and she was still half way up the stairs. She would lose him if he walked any further. Y/N being an unlucky one, Sukuna already started walking forward. This curse was very troublesome to deal with sometimes.

Y/N was getting close to the end of the staircase. Her feet were killing, it was like she was stepping on pins and needles over and over again, and the pain was not able to subside, even for just a moment. She could feel the blisters forming at the back of her soles, it was uncomfortable, extremely uncomfortable.

Her skin was starting to pop with blisters, one was visible at the back of her foot, and there was another one at the front side. She dearly hopes no one would notice it, and she knew for sure that Sukuna would not care if she was hurt or not. He may or may not notice it, but he would not mention it, or even take a second glance at her feet. She did not care for the appearance of her feet, but she knew that she did not like the pain the blisters provided.

Fatigue took her over, she needed to stop for a brief moment to catch her breath, she was not coping well. Her lungs were going to die out soon, her heart was going to break out of her ribcage, and her breath was inconsistent and uneven. She was not that active, but she wasn't weak, she was average for a woman's health, although it did not seem like she was average, she looked like she was going to pass out. Sukuna was already long gone.

Journeying down the stairs, she continued, but at a slower rate, she could not possibly bear the idea of running any more. She was sweating. Her forehead was covered in droplets and her hands were glinting in the moonlight. She already felt disgusted, she did not want to continue on with the trip, but she knew if she even dare to complain to Sukuna, she would be punished for not complying with him, but a slight feeling in her stomach made her joyful that she was now outside the shrine for once, it has been a while since she last ran down those stairs.

The forest was still thick and dark, she could not see past the trees, she couldn't even hear anything, she could not see Sukuna. Y/N was almost down, there was one step left for her. As she set her foot down, she tripped, it was unfortunate and embarrassing. Y/N was already so proud that she made it this far without tripping, but that last step ruined it for her.

Wind rushed in front of her face, she quickly swung her arms forward in order to cushion her fall, but the fall did not come. Sukuna was there to save the day, how delightful. Y/N imagines falling into the arms of the man of her dreams, not him. He was far from what she wanted, she did not want to have any sort of romantic relationship with this man. Sukuna was a snake, if you have one as a pet, no matter how close the relationship you have with a snake, there would always be that possibility for that snake to bite you and poison you.

Arms wrapped around her torso that prevented her fall, but he did not have to catch her, she wouldn't get that hurt if she fell down onto the glass, the soil would make her fall less painful compared to concrete and hard, rocky surfaces. Falling on those types of surfaces are sure to give terrible scratches and bruises.

"Have you always been this clumsy?" There was no reply to that question. Both of them knew the answer. Y/N was quite clumsy, even if she tries to hide it or denies it, there would always be something that she would mess up, whether if she was doing something or even just saying things, unwanted words would just come out sometimes, and most of the time she wouldn't notice her slip of words.