Chapter 27

Something was pulling Sukuna in, somewhere deep inside the forest. It was dark, but that did not startle him. Sukuna was a man who could not be scared easily. He could handle everything and anything, at least that's what many people thought. His walking pace quickened to the location. Something bright and enchanted lured him in. He didn't know whether to be cautious or if he should leave. But, if this something were to save her, he would take all his chances. Right now, Y/N is the only thing he's focused on, nothing else matters right now. His pride, he can put it aside, his ego, that's not important, anything about himself, he would put it aside, and maybe doing this would save her. She was top priority, and the only priority. It was stupid of him to let her go easily, he couldn't let her go again.

The air was light, he could hear the sounds of flowing waters, and feel some type of magic pouring in. When he arrived, the waters beneath him were glowing. He didn't know if this was possible, he didn't know what he stumbled upon. Sukuna, out of his hunch, dipped himself and Y/N into the glowing waters. His arms loosen her body. He waited to see what kind of sorcery this was. The waters flowed into his and Y/N's wounds. It was healing, their wounds were healing at a tremendously fast pace. It was magic, something that Sukuna thought was childish and unbelievable. No such thing should have a place on this earth, as it was full of sins and disgrace, and he was aware of this, for he was one of those sinners that did not deserve this type of healing or peace.

Y/N floated in his arms, and he was relaxed. He could feel himself drifting off to bed. He was focused on himself as he healed. This meditation somehow made the process of healing fast, it was a pure miracle. His head felt like he was sinking in the depths of the waters, it felt like he was travelling through time and space. And somehow, he felt lighter. Everything around him was space and stars, Y/n was no longer in his arms. He was floating and in the middle of nowhere. Where was he? How did he get here? The water had something to do with this, but how does he go back? How does he go back to her? He had no reason to be here, he was here for the sake of saving her life, nothing more or less.

Sukuna opened his mouth, but no words came out, why? He didn't understand. Suddenly, the space around him shifted into an unfamiliar scene, but the place felt eerily familiar. Everything surrounding him felt like he had been here before. But he knew he had no memory of this place. Right now, a hut was in front of him, smoke was coming from the chimney. A young man walked out, a human being, someone who Sukuna felt like he knew. He watched the man do his daily chores. Nothing out of the ordinary seems to appear. Sukuna took a closer look at the man's appearance. He looked like... himself? The man in front of him had the same physique, hair, and eyes, he looked identical to Sukuna himself. He walked closer, it was like he was seeing a reflection of his human form. Everything looked exactly the same, except, he did not have the tattoos, the cursed marks anywhere on his body.

It was strange, the whole sight in front of him seemed off. Sukuna was completely aware of who he was when he was human, he remembered everything prior to becoming a curse. But this scene was not part of his memories. He had no memory of living alone in a hut, he had no memory of being a normal human being. Sukuna's human life was much different. He trained to be the most powerful jujutsu sorcerer. All his human life, he trained, fought, everything. He did not remember living a peaceful life such as this one, if he did, he would not be who he was today. So who really was this person in front of him?

The man did not pay any attention to Sukuna. It was like he couldn't see him, that he was invisible. Sukuna's hand reached up to touch the busy man, but instead, his hand went through his body. It seems that Sukuna's is not physically there, but his essence took him here. If this man had nothing to do with him, why was he here in the first place? Why did the water drag him here? Sukuna sighed out of frustration. He did not need to be here, he needed to be with Y/N, he needed to know her condition, to see if she was just fine. Sukuna's hand reached up to wipe his face out of annoyance. He then closed his eyes and rubbed his temples aggressively.