Chapter 6

The older woman handed her money to the waiting store owner. The store owner was a kind gentle lady and was always willing to help anyone in need. She overheard the conversation that was being held right in front of her. She felt sorry for the two women. She knew who the older woman was, she always walked by and window shopped, she never bought anything from her, but she held short wonder conversations with the mother and she knew she was a caring woman.

The shop owner slightly knew about her financial status, she wasn't very poor, but she was never considered rich. The other woman next to her seemed to also be in a dire situation. She doesn't know what she's been through, she could only judge from afar. From the younger woman's attire, some of her background was given away , she assumes that it wasn't a good one. The shop woman knew that this was the girl the village brought in and felt sympathetic for her.

As they both finished their conversation, the mother handed the shop owner some money, the kimono she wanted to get the other woman was not expensive nor cheap. The mother wanted to buy the younger woman a fitting kimono that wasn't too flashy or ragged looking, she also wanted to buy a kimono that fit her financially.

The shop owner felt bad for taking her money, but if she didn't she might not have a business anymore. There was one thing the shop owner could offer them, it was a discount. Although it wasn't an overly big discount, it was the least she could do for these two ladies.

The shop owner returned the change, but the mother noticed that she gave back too much of her money. "I'm sorry, but this is the wrong change." The shop owner didn't want to tell them the truth that she gave them a discount, they would only fight her to pay full price, so she lied.

"The item you wanted has been on our shelf for so long, I didn't think that anyone wanted it. So I put it at a lower price, but it seems I forgot to put the new price on the kimono!" The shop owner laughed, she hoped they wouldn't catch on to her lie. This was such a lie, every one of her items were always bought right after she released them, but the two women didn't need to know that information.

"Oh, I see. Thank you so much!" Both the women bowed and took their leave.

Both of the women were now outside, it was time to go to another destination that the mother had planned. The mother, knowing that Y/N would follow her, led her to the rim of the village. If they go any further, they wouldn't be on village grounds anymore.

The mother kept on moving, her steps show that she didn't hesitate on where she was headed to, she was sure of where she was going. Meanwhile, Y/N was now unsure if she should continue to follow her.

The woman looked sure about where she was going, but Y/N did not. She wasn't sure whether to trust this person completely, because the last time she followed someone was Sukuna, and that was a mistake that she would take to her grave. Y/N was just being cautious, but deep down in her heart, she knew this person wouldn't do anything harmful to her, not because of her generosity, but because the mother said that she was just like her. They were similar in some ways, and this is what Y/N clanged on to when trying to trust her.

The mother was a great distance away from her now, Y/N started to run to catch up to her. They didn't walk that far, but they came across a decent sized lake. The water was clear and was shimmering under the bright sun. Y/N would love to just jump into the pool of water right now. The mother gently grabbed Y/N's hand and slowly led her to the edge of the pool.

"Go on, you should bath yourself. Who knows how long you've been dressed like that." The mother smiled and Y/N began to strip off her clothes.

The woman reached out to grab Y/N's old clothes and proceeded to lead her down the pool. Y/N's body was now covered in the beautiful body of water, the mother came up right behind her and started to wash her hair. Y/N felt loved for the first time.