Chapter 30

The journey was long, Sukuna and Y/N walked together, but it seems that their energy was not diminishing. It was odd, but Y/N knew what the reason was, she knew why she wasn't that tired. She was with Sukuna. She could never get tired because of him. Y/N was not aware of much they were aching. Sukuna, on the other hand, noticed her slower movements. He started to walk more slowly just for her. They were on a road with no places to stay. It would also be difficult for them to camp out. "We're almost there." Y/N heard, and she nodded. She was excited for what's to come, she would be happier if they were heading to the right place. The place where it all began.

Both of them entered a forest full of luscious trees surrounding the ground. The grass was a beautiful green and was embedded within the nutritive soil. Through Y/N's slippers, she could feel the grass tickle her slightly. They felt nice to the touch. She would have definitely laid down and stayed there in that spot for who knows how long. But the grass's touch was too tempting. Instead, Y/N took off the shoes that straddled her feet. She carried them in one hand and let her bare feet gently caress the grass. Y/N giggled as the tip of her toes curled up in response to the tickling grass. Sukuna overhead her slight giggle and looked to his side. He looked down and saw her feet bare with the ground below her. The way she enjoyed such a simple gesture was refreshing after their long journey here. It was alright for them to stay for a while, he wanted to see her enjoy herself more. Her face made him feel something in him, he enjoyed it a lot.

Sukuna halted and Y/N stopped walking as well. She looked at him confused, she didn't know what he was thinking at all. "We can stop here for a while. Remember, We're not here to rush." Sukuna plops down onto the grass, his bottom hitting the ground with a small thud. He crossed his legs and hid his arms into his kimono. He closed his eyes and listened to the world surrounding him. He was at peace. Seeing him like this was very nice. Y/N sat beside him and laid down. She felt the grass wrap her body. Her ears tickled at the touch. The wind moved the grass making her body shiver. She felt playful at the moment. Relaxing was alright, it was nice, but she wanted to try out something that she has never done before. Y/N stood up and looked around the area, there, she spotted some different coloured flowers flourishing on and around the bushes. Y/N walked slowly to them and plucked them from their places. She took a handful and went back to her spot next to Sukuna. She used the stems of the flowers to create something. She weaved them together to make a sort of headwear. Y/N looked over to Sukuna. She eyed his head and her attention went back to making the flowers. Sukuna could hear slight noises, but he shook them off. He didn't really care for what she did, as long as she was doing fine and she was right beside him.

He could feel her stand up and walk behind him. Her presence was close and it started to make him slightly nervous for her actions. Was he going to be betrayed today? No, he didn't get that sort of atmosphere from her, she couldn't hurt him in any way. It was impossible, he would always be stronger than. Sukuna slowly opened his eyes and turned his head behind his shoulders. Before he could look at Y/N, he felt his head make contact with something. Sukuna put on a blank face. He looked up at Y/N and saw her brightly smiling down on him. Sukuna's hand made its way to the top of his head to feel what she put on him. It light and sort of tickled his scalp. His fingers grazed the item and felt its soft petals. She has put a flower crown on him. He never made or wore one before, he wasn't the type of person to put on such childish things. It felt weird for him. He wanted to take it off. If any curse saw him like this, he would be mocked to the greatest extent. He couldn't have that. But seeing her smile made him keep it on his head. As long as she kept her smile, he was willing to wear it whenever she wanted him to. It would all be worth it.

Sukuna didn't comment about the crown she put on his head. He turned his head back and proceeded to meditate, not thinking about any troubles that may occur to them. Y/N would have thought that he would have yanked the item out of his head in an instance, but he kept it on for her sake. His attitude towards her has really started to change. The crown on his head suited him, when he was in a relaxed state. If he were to look completely different to now, if he was the same person back then, she would have been killed by him and the look would not have fitted him. Y/N took steps back and looked at Sukuna from a distance. Once you look at the full picture of him, you could not tell that he was a mass murderer through his peaceful face and the flower crown on top of his head. If she were to meet him like this, then maybe their relationship would have been much more different. But Y/N was not complaining. She was completing her goal slowly but surely. She was changing him for the better, for other people's sake.