--𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔪 𝔟𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔪--

_________

𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚑
_________

When I woke up, I was alone on the couch with a blanket draped across my body. I sat up and looked around for him while rubbing one of my eyes. "Baby?" His head popped from the kitchen. "Hey, sweetheart it's ok, I'm right here." I sighed in relief and walked to him, the blanket wrapped around my shoulders. He pulled me to him and kissed my head. "How was your nap?" I mumbled in his chest, making him laugh. "Ok, honey. We need to talk now." I looked up at him, my eyes sad.

"Are you going tomorrow?" I tried to look away, but he stopped my head. "Yes...I want to. I want to say goodbye." He nodded and kissed my head again. It seemed to calm him. "Are you?" He inhaled deeply and nodded. "Yeah." We stood there in silence for a bit before he walked away. "Do you wanna talk about it?" He grumbled and shook his head. I grabbed his arm before he could walk out of the kitchen. "Don."

When he looked back at me, he had an angry look in his eyes. Angry at himself. At the situation. At the world. "Please...just talk to me." At that moment, he snapped. "OH MY GOD, ARIAH! JUST SHUT UP! I TOLD YOU I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT OK? WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" He punched the door-frame and it left a huge hole in the wall. I froze, tears rolling down my face.

When he realized what he did. All the color drained from his face. "Baby...I-" He reached his hand out hesitantly but I was already running upstairs. Tears ran down my face as I slammed the bedroom door and quickly went to the closet. When I'm anxious, I need to feel tight and held, for most of my childhood, the closet brought that comfort to me. So that is where I sat.

A few minutes went by and I heard the creak of the door opening. My body was still huddled in the closet corner with the door closed. "Baby?" I stayed silent. "Come on, sweetheart. Come out please." When I gave no response, he slowly opened the closet door. "My cheeks were flushed and my lips were pouted. "Baby, I'm sorry. Please come out." I slowly rose to my feet and he opened his arms out to me. I hesitated but when I saw the remorseful look on his face, I gave in. "I'm so sorry, babygirl." I nodded. "It's ok." he held me tighter, squeezing me as if to push out the negative energy from my body.

"We're going to get through this ok?" I nodded and eventually started hugging him back. "Let's go somewhere. To the park maybe. Just to get out of here." He looked down at me and smiled. "I like that idea." We smiled at each other and I let him go to look in the closet. "I'll just give you my jeans and charm them to fit you. I'll leave my hoodie the same size though." He winked at me and handed me the clothes. My hair was thrown up in a bun and I was drowning in his hoodie. Not that I minded. He came out in a similar outfit to mine, the only difference is that his black tee was replacing the hoodie.

"You ready, princess?" I grabbed his hand and smiled. "Yeah."  We walked out the doors into the crisp air. The cold burned my nostrils but It didn't seem to bother Don. "You good, baby?"

"Mhm." he nodded in contentment and continued walking with me.

The walk to the park was not long but by the time we got there, my stomach was growling. Don heard and chuckled at my embarrassment. "Is my girl hungry?" I smiled. "Yeah." Don took out his want and made a picnic appear. The blanket was soft and adorned with chocolate strawberries and pasta. My mouth watered and I turned around, feeling Don's eyes on me.

I giggled. "What?" He smiled and pulled me to the ground, making me laugh. "You're just so fucking cute!" We laughed and settled down to eat. The food was delicious, making me moan. "This is soooo gooooooood." he chuckled and pecked my lips as I chewed a chocolate strawberry. "Hmm, it is good." I looked at him, shocked. "That's gross!" He barked out in laughter and fell on his back. "Oh hush." I smiled and laid with him, my head resting on his chest. He wrapped me up in his arms and we just layed there in silence. Enjoying the calm before the storm.

823 words

-Love, V