--𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱--

_________

𝙰𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚑
_________

The next few days were filled with training from Don, and studying from me. And before we knew it, the decision day had come. I looked in the mirror at my reflection. My dark green dress blended in with my dark hair but contrasted against my skin. I never wore colors this dark but knowing the person whose presence I would be in, I got one from Amani.

I heard a knock at the door and let out a quiet "Come in." Don slowly opened the door. "Hi, sweetheart." I produced a weak smile and he hugged me from behind, continuing to look in the mirror. "Everything is gonna be ok." I burst into tears and turned to put my face in his chest. He tried his best to soothe me by brushing my head with his hands and whispering coos to me.

I looked up at him and cupped his face in my hands the best I could. "No matter what happens...I will always love you." his hard, cold face was unmoving as I spoke. Emotion wasn't his strong suit but he tried for me. We embraced into a kiss and heard a knock on the open doorway. Amani.

"Sorry...Draco is here for you. It's time." I nodded and turned to face him, kissing him one more time. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you." He returned. I turned back to Amani. "I'm ready, let's go," We walked hand-in-hand down the hall till we saw Draco in the commons.

We exchanged no words. Just polite nods as we walked in silence to the car his father sent. Everything was black. The seats, the windows, even the safety handles. The car ride was awkward at best. We both knew that the next time we would be in this car together, our lives would be changed.

It felt like an eternity of ten minutes before we arrived at the large dark mansion I was all too familiar with. The look on Don's face was heartbreaking. I could tell he was trying to appear confident for my sake, but on the inside, he was terrified. We exited the car one-by-one and walked into the house.

From the front room, I could see the dining table already set with a grand meal and silver plates. Luscious was waiting for us by the door, embracing me into a hug to which I did not reciprocate. "The dark lord is in the training room. Go now. We mustn't keep him waiting." I nodded and the boys gave a "yes, sir."

I could tell Lucious was scared as all hell of the dark lord and wanted nothing more than his son to be taken under his wing. That would secure his family name and safety forever. I was simply a pon, as was Draco. Just pons in the political game the adults were playing out of fear.

We knocked on the large wooden door of the training room hearing a raspy "Come in." from the other side. I had never seen the dark lord in person before and nothing could have prepared me for it. His grey face was clean of any features except the eyes and mouth. Surrounding him was Bellatrix lestrange; A known crazy old witch, and Petter Pettigue, along with some high-ranking death eaters.

"Ah, Draco Malfoy, Ariah Snape, and Don Tenya. I've been expecting you. Come." He motioned to us with his hand and we hastily followed his orders. He hung out his grey boney hand that adorned a silver ring and we took turns kissing it. Not very pleasant.

"Ariah, please have a seat." a chair appeared beside him and I sat, shifting uncomfortably in the wooden seat. "As you know, we are here to discuss which one of you will be my heir. And by extension, which one of you will carry on the legacy by having children with Ariah snape, thereby, sealing the dynasty forever." They never broke their bows as he spoke.

"This fight will be till one or both of you have exhausted your efforts and forfeit the competition. Bow to your appointment and begin." The boys went to the mat and bowed before raising their wands. "Comense." As soon as the dark lord was finished speaking, they were off.

Sparks flew as the boys fought. I tried to look away but Bellatrix gripped my hair. "Don't disrespect the dark lord by looking away from his orders." I nodded an apology and she released me. Silent tears rolled down my face while I watched the display of brute strength in front of me.

After 30 minutes of ruthless fighting, the boys looked absolutely exhausted, sweat dripped down their faces and their moves became sloppy. Suddenly, Don took Draco's state to his advantage and swept him into a stronghold on the floor. Draco struggled for a few minutes before exacerbating all his remaining energy and passed out. The dark lord stood and waved a stop motion with his hands.

Don released Draco from his grip. "Stand." He slowly rose from the ground where Draco still laid unconscious. "Don. You have won this battle. But there is one more thing you must do before I can declare you the true victor." My mouth quickly covered my mouth as I gasped while he finished his sentence. "End the loser's life. Only then will you prove that you are worthy of my title."

900 Words

Love, V