Birth class

"Hey darling I booked us birthing class can we go if that's okay with you" Jimin said scratching his neck. "Sure let me get changed first" I replied

We arrived at the hospital and waited for our names "Mr Park and Ms Kim please come to room 13" the instructor said "Good afternoon" I said

"Hello can you sit on the yoga ball" the instructor directed me "umm sure" I said

I bounced up and down lightly on the yoga ball, feeling the tension on my back ease up considerably.  Jimin was sitting behind me in a chair, his hands on my hips to keep me steady.

“Sitting on the yoga ball will help align your pelvis with the force of gravity, which will in turn help your cervix open up faster,” the instructor explained. 

“The faster it goes, the better,” I whispered to Jimin, making him chuckle. “It also helps encourage the baby to move down and find their way out of the womb,” she added. 

“What do you think darling? Does this seem like it’ll help?” Jimin asked me, referring to the position that I were currently in.

“I think so. It takes a lot of pressure off my back and I know that a lot of women feel their contractions in their back so it should help with the pain,” I replied. 

Jimin nodded and began to circle his thumbs against the small of my back, making I sigh deeply.

“That feels amazing Jimin-ssi,” I said through grit teeth, trying not to moan from how good it felt in front of everyone. 

“I’m glad my Queen,” he smiled. “I’ll keep this in mind for labor then.”

“Regardless of the myth that all twins are born via C-section, it is very possible for them to be born vaginally. In fact, over half of twin births are vaginal births,” the instructor explained. I nodded

“The good thing is, even though you’ll be giving birth twice, you’ll only have to go through labor once,” she said, which made I and Jimin laugh. She then proceeded to hand out some pamphlets on what giving birth to twins would be like. As I and Jimin looked through the pamphlets, he turned to look at me.

“Do you think you’re gonna be able to handle pushing out two babies?” Jimin asked, concern lacing his voice.

“Well, I don’t really have a choice do I?” I laughed but the frown on Jimin’s face didn’t let up. “Jimin, I’ll be alright. Like the instructor said, people have vaginal births with twins all the time.”

“I just want you to be ok. And the twins too,” he sighed as he set both of his hands on my baby bump.

“As long as you’re with me, I’ll be just fine,”I said, making Jimin scrunch his nose up.
“That was very cheesey,” he laughed.

“But it worked, right?”

“Yeah. Yeah, it did,” he smiled before kissing the top of my head.

“Dads, the best thing you can all do while the moms are in labor and giving birth is to run interference. If you all come up with a birth plan, make sure that the hospital is following it if possible. If she needs to hold your hand, offer her both of yours. Anything to make her job a little easier,” she said.

“Think you can do that Jiminie?” I teased as I turned my head to look back at him. He playfully rolled his eyes, scoffing at my question.

“I think I’ve been taking pretty good care of you for the last few years, don’t you think?” He growled playfully as he nosed the side of my neck, making me giggle.

"Aah Jimin"

“So, one of the purposes of learning breathing techniques is because it’s an easy way to focus your energy on one specific thing,” the instructor stated. “Labor can seem never ending sometimes, and breathing techniques can be a place to channel any anger, anxiety, or pain you may be feeling at that time.”

“There are many variations of techniques that you can try, based on what feels right to you during labor. For now, we’ll try the most basic technique. Moms, inhale deeply and then exhale, letting all tension fall from your body.” Along with the rest of the women in the room, you did as she said, inhaling and then exhaling deeply. “Dads, why don’t you do it with them?” The instructor suggested.

Jimin grabbed my hand and we both made eye contact as I inhaled and exhaled together several times. “I hope these actually help you during labor,” Jimin whispered to me.