Sterotypes and Generalizations

"A fish fillet was placed on each of the kids plate and it smelled of fish and lime juice dressing."

"What is this Will?" asked Sarah.

"Lionfish from our top Lionfish cooking chef, Sarah." said Will. "Lionfish reek havoc on the Gulf of Mexico reefs. It's been happening since 1994 and the conversation rules are if you can't beat them eat them."

"They discard the spines though," Molly replies. "It's mentioned in Harry Potter spines are discarded."

" A potion ingredient aren't they Lion-fish spines in the Harry Potter universe right?" asked Sarah.

"Yeah, they are used in the potions in the world of Harry Potter," responds Alma. "Eating Lionfish isn't really discussed unless you visit the Southeast first mostly because we think we scare people by doing it but if Harry Potter found a way to put the spines to use why can't we put this invasive meat to use too? And if we don't do something to help control more lion fish populations the more likely they would get closer to the shore over time and the more likely it is for people to step on their spines and get a painful kick kind of like what honeybee venom does to people. This has been an issue for 12 years my parents say if that if you want to help the environment change get change started yourself because face it some local authorities are too slow to answer the call and sometimes God wants us to do it ourselves to prove we love him by loving his creation and preserving what we live in and the beauty we're surrounded by, Sarah, Bailey and Molly. There is a true story from a lady who contacted an authority to help a skunk and you know what I have it; I'll just read it to you. Comes from Top Inspirational True Inspirational Stories out of Guidepost Magazine line 1 of 10 inspirational stories it is the second of such 10 stories documented.

"Skunk On The Loose"

"'On my desk I have a pencil holder that may look like an ordinary yogurt container. But trust me there's a story behind it. - Elizabeth Sherill, from Hingham, Massachusetts.

It was a rustling in the woods that made me glance out the window beside my computer. At the edge of the trees, I caught sight of a skunk, his black and white pattern duplicating the dappled light. He seemed to be busy – burrowing, maybe? My knowledge of skunks began and ends with their dreadful odor.

The next moment, though, the animal emerged from beneath the trees and zigzagged across the lawn: plume-like tail, striped back and where his head should have been, a bizarre-looking yellow helmet. As he came closer I saw what the helmet was: a plastic yogurt container.

The carton struck a rock and the creature whirled in the another direction, only to bump into our picnic table. For a second he stood still shaking his head frantically. But the yogurt carton was wedged fast. The skunk charged blindly back into the woods.

I stared after him in dismay. How long had he been running in the darkness and terror? 

It would be the work of a second for me. I thought, to pull that thing off. But the idea of pursuing a skunk through the undergrowth kept me immobilized at the window. How would I ever catch him? And then what? Wouldn't he spray me?

I sat down and tried to pick up the thread of the story due in the mail that afternoon. But I could only think of an animal running around till he dropped from exhaustion. Hadn't this sort of thing happened before? Might animal experts know what to do?

I dialed the local SPCA "'We only handle domestic animals." the woman told me. "'You want the Department of Wildlife'"." She gave me a number in New Paltz, New York.