Chapter 1: Introduction

Warning: I would consider this a more mature story. If you're uncomfortable with sexual content, explicit language, and depictions of mental disorders then I suggest finding a more PG friendly story. You have been warned :)

-------------------------------------------------------

I'll start this story with a simple question...

Do you believe in love?

You may be asking yourself "well yeah, who wouldn't?"

And the answer is simple.

Me.

My name is Amelia Rose, but everyone calls me Amy.

I learned the harsh reality of love at a young age. Don't believe in it, don't get hurt. Don't trust, and you can't have it broken. Don't befriend people, and they can't betray you.

I was close to someone once. I loved to make friends and let the hours of the day pass by without a care in the world, but for the fastest thing alive a day is worth nothing more than a second. I pity my younger self for mistaking loyalty with love. And "falling" in the love with the fastest thing alive means that you'll always be chasing after something, simply trying to catch up to someone who loves nothing more than to be free of all burdens.

...And I guess that included me.

For being as young as I was, he hurt me in ways that I never knew I could hurt.

I couldn't laugh.

I couldn't smile.

I would cry until it hurt, only to wake up and repeat the same meaningless routine all over again. I couldn't see it then, but it was pathetic.

I cried, and cried... Until I realized just how angry I truly was.

I tried to stuff my anger and sadness so far down that I couldn't feel it anymore. I started snapping on close friends who were concerned for my mental health. I would get frustrated with small tasks that I used to enjoy. I tried so many things to relieve the anguish I was feeling but they did nothing but remind me of all the things that I was trying to forget. Nothing was working.

To think that he made me this way, unable to think and function properly, had me screaming inside. I was a walking time bomb brimming to the edge, waiting for the smallest spark to light the wick.

So I ran.

I ran from my sorrow, from my anger, and from all of my friends until my legs wouldn't carry me any further. All in an attempt to smother my anger with this new coping mechanism.

So everyday from then on out I would run until my lungs were raw and my legs gave out from exhaustion.

I'd lay gulping for air on the forest floor, get up, walk home, and do it all over again.

Months passed. Then a year, then two more. After so long to contemplate my decisions, I came to the realization that I was the only one responsible for my heartache. I could blame nobody but myself for falling for someone so unattainable...Someone who didn't love me. I learned the hard way that no matter how unconditionally you care for someone, you can never make them return those feelings back.

I was so angry at myself.

...And my best friend, for falling for Sonic after knowing what he had put me through.

Or perhaps it was simply because he accepted her feelings and not mine.

If there was one way to rub salt in my wounds, it was my best friend leaving me for the very hedgehog that sent me on such a downward spiral.

All I know....

Is that I was never quite the same.

I grew out my quills, ditched my girlish tendencies, turned down the charisma...And well, I grew up.

I learned how to smile again, how to laugh, and how to live everyday without being miserable anymore. But the one thing I could never bring myself to do again...Was trust.

Take it from me, being alone is just easier.

Take it from someone who learned their lesson, and is broken because of it.

It can't be fixed.

...Or so I thought.

Until I met someone who was just as broken as me.

And this is our story.

Shadamy Fanfic: BrokenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara