Chapter 28: Alone Together

Start from the beginning

Kris was surprised at first, but smiled as he stroke Flowey's petals softly.

He didn't need words to understand what Flowey's respond was.

"Chara forgave y-you too..." Kris said quietly.

Flowey's eyes widen for a moment before going back to normal. He still said nothing.

"And I'm so proud o-of you, you know?..."

More silence was the flower's only response.

"I love you Flowey..."

The flower's eyes shifted.

"Are you saying that to me? Or are you saying that to...him?"

"I-I'm saying that to both of you. Y-you know you two are the same p-person right?" Kris giggled a little.

Flowey only sighed tiredly, cuddling himself on Kris more.

"Thanks.."

"F-for what?"

"For loving me you idiot..."

^^^^^^^^

"Boys? Kris? Flowey? Are you in here?" The neighbor called, knocking on the door of Flowey and Monika's room.

But there was no answer.

"Let me see.." Monika volunteered and opened the door.

There, on the floor was Kris holding Flowey as he cuddling up next to him, sleeping peacefully.

The neighbor and Monika "Aaawwww" at this quietly.

"Should we..wake them?" Monika whispered.

The neighbor sighed to himself, contemplating whether they should or not.

"It's time for presents now so...maybe we should. I think Kris had some gifts he wanted to give Flowey."

"Oh he did. How sweet." Monika smiled.

The neighbor nodded as he went over to shake them awake gently.

"Boys..boys..it's time for gifts.." He said.

Kris slowly awoke, groaned slightly in response. Flowey soon followed after, yawning loudly.

After having reality slip in slowly for both of them, Kris sat up from the floor, still holding on to his flower friend.

"W-what going on?" Kris asked.

"We're opening gifts right now." The neighbor said.

Kris felt himself light up with excitement and smiled.

"O-ok. S-sorry we fell asleep."

"That's alright. You boys join us when you're ready, we'll be in the living room." He said, then walked out with Monika following behind.

The two childhood friends looked at each other.

"Y-you ready?" Kris asked Flowey with a smile.

"..yeah..sure.." The other responded as they soon followed everyone else to the living room.

^^^^^^^^

Everyone was gathered in the living room for the event. Well—except Ayano. She went out for a little while, but no one knew where she really went. They figured however, knowing her, they didn't knew to worry much.

Everyone was exchanging gifts and having a good time, especially when Bendy was immediately overjoyed when the neighbor surprised him with a new coffee machine. Now he won't have to suffer anymore and only drink tea all the time in the morning.