Chapter 28: Alone Together

Start from the beginning

After all the shit you've been through when you were younger and everything else you've told everyone and myself, I...I don't know how you're still standing.."

"Y-You've been through horrible t-things too..We b-both have.."

"Yeah but...you were able to make friends...family...just in a matter of a day or two...you were even able to bring them to the surface to see the sun and...have a better and new life..

And even though they treated you badly later in your life, you...you still were able to stay on your feet...

If I was in your shoes I would have......given up a long time ago..."

There was silence for a few moments.

"Flowey I....I-I would of n-not met any of t-the monsters if I haven't tried to e-end my life at a very young age. A-and even after I freed everyone, I-I still felt very depressed...even w-with all the family and f-friends surrounding me...A-and..be-because of mom, I-I was able to stay on feet through a-all the bullying.."

"And that's just it!" Flowey hiccuped.

"You were able to keep living, knowing that you had at least one single person to be with! Knowing that you became like an outsider to everyone! Even the monsters! Knowing that no one else but you knew what was really going on and how you felt!

And me: I overused that Determination I'd once had and got what..bored?! Because I couldn't feel love?! Because I couldn't be normal?! And because of that I..I..tried to kill the others and..myself...many times...but...with the power I had I..I kept coming back...and...I became more and more frustrated with everything....and myself...

And in the end I...I just didn't care anymore....I've forgotten what love feels like for so long I..."

Another paused filled the air.

"It.." Kris started to say.

"I-it wasn't your fault that y-you became the way y-you are. You d-don't have a soul you-"

"It wasn't my fault?! Really?!" Flowey sobbed.

"If it wasn't for me, I wouldn't have ended up as a damn flower! Then I wouldn't have...tried to kill you and the others so many times...

If...if only I wasn't so scared...if only I wasn't so..weak..."

More tears stopped the flower's speech as he sniffed and hiccuped. Then Kris spoke up once more.

"Flowey..listen to me...

Mistakes...t-they were made..they d-definitely were....but...it's ok...

A-and...I know that y-you think it's not ok....but trust me w-when I say it is..." He cooed as he tried blink some of his tears away.

"We've both been through a-a lot. W-we've helped people..we've hurt people..we've made unf-forgetful mistakes..but...y-you know...I realized...t-that's ok...

I-I know..t-these memories we have and everything we've done w-won't ever fade a-away...

But..now..w-we can make new ones...

And...

Y-You know what the best part a-about this is?" Kris asked Flowey as he looked up at the boy.

"I-I get to be here with you..." Kris smiled warmly as he felt a tear roll down his face.

The flower stared at him, speechless. He couldn't find any words to say. His sadden eyes were bloodshot from all the crying. In the end, he didn't bother responding, instead he nuzzled himself into Kris' chest again.