His mind got tangled in a series of speculations that ended up with a certain, only one conclusion that he didn't want to accept.

"There's no way..." Taehyung mumbled as he sat on the edge of the bed.

However, no matter how hard he tried to analyze the situation, he always arrived in the same conclusion.

A conclusion that Jungkook and him had been found out.

The sound of the opening door caught his attention as he darted his gaze on his brother.

He could see an emotion foreign to him in those eyes.

Emotion that only made the uncomfortable feeling at the pit of his stomach worse.

"Hyung... what did you do?" Taehyung asked in a hushed voice.

His blank eyes were fixated on Jin's face that showed both panic and regret.

"Hyung..." Taehyung called out once more as he continued to stare at his brother.

Finally, Jin was able to find the courage to smile, a comforting one.

"This is for your own safety, Taetae. From now on, he won't be able to bother you." Jin said.

His words didn't seem to register in Taehyung's mind as his brother sat next to him and engulfed him in a warm embrace.

"You're free now." Jin added, caressing Taehyung's head.

The warmth in his words were the coldest Taehyung might have ever received from him.

"What..." Taehyung tried to break free from Jin's embrace.

He stared at those eyes that were once full of fondness but now... they only looked deceiving and full of lies.

"Hyung.. what did you do?" Taehyung asked, almost breathless.

He could feel the discomfort in his chest as if he's lacking air to breathe.

As if Jin was suffocating him.

"It's alright now, Taetae. Everything will finally go back to normal." Jin assured, smiling.

But to Taehyung, Jin's face suddenly became hazy and dark, like that of a mask with nothing but fake smiles which hid his true intentions.

"I don't understand what you're saying, hyung." Taehyung said, moving away from the other's grasp.

It's fake.

Everything's fake.

This man... Everyone...

Fake!

"No.." Taehyung breathed as his mind finally arrived at the only truth.

"You... what did you do?" He mumbled, glancing at Jin who was taken aback by the tone of his voice.

"What did you do to Jungkook?" He repeated, eyes empty and dead.

The mention of the name had Jin looking away.

He couldn't muster the courage to respond. There's something in the way Taehyung was looking at him.

And it made him cower in fear.

"What did you do?"

————

"To whom do I owe the pleasure of your visit, detective?" Jungkook asked as soon as the detective entered the visiting room.

The latter didn't say anything as he went to check if the recordings were turned on. Upon confirming, he finally took his seat opposite to the other.