Ch-26: Forgotten memories

∘∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘
'So hard to let go but I've still got the sound of your voice singing in my head.
∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘━∘◦❁◦∘

'So take a look into my eyes one last time so we never forget, the way we were before....'

'I remember a woman, she was tall, beautiful and elegant in every way.' The tall male frowned, forcing some bits of his memories to arrive to him. Surprisingly though, he, who considered himself a good memory master, was having trouble remembering this bit of his memories.

He stepped down the stairs to meet up with his two allies who accompanied him through the mission. "Gojo-san! Good job!" Roy waved at him as Nivi crossed her arms. "Aigiri-san should be here any moment too." Nivi said. "Yeah, Maya, she was with us too..." Gojo muttered.

'Maya... She was... I know she was with... me...'

"Ah! There she is!" Roy pointed towards Gojo's back. Gojo instantly turned around to see her, that girl he was supposed to forget. "Great job Maya." He greeted her. When she heard him mutter her name, she was shocked. Her eyes were wide in disbelief, "...how..." she said in horror. Gojo was supposed to forget her completely, he was supposed to see her as a stranger.

"Maya!! What happened to your eye!?" Nivi grabbed on to her shoulders and spoke in utter horror and worry. "Its nothing... I got hurt while I was-"

"Such a shame, to have lost one of your eyes to a curse."

Gojo suddenly spoke up to her as she looked at him with a sad expression, "Yeah, it is, Gojo." For the first time, she addressed the male using his last name and, it struck him. It felt odd to him that her voice uttered his name using his last title. He seemed unpleased to her, "Are you alright Gojo? We must board our flight right away." She spoke, careful not to trigger anything. She knew this was not that Gojo who loved her, he would wipe out anything and anyone in his way.

Or, just so she thought.

Gojo and Maya boarded the flight while waving their goodbyes to Nivi and Roy, their companions on their trip to India. She was still puzzled to as why her memories still remained in Gojo's mind. As per the contract, he was completely supposed to forget about the existence of Maya Aigiri. To as Maya thought of it, it was better if Gojo forgot about her, his heart would not be hurt, given that she would soon die. She had already killed 170 people, the burden was already a lot for her. Though it was not her fault but, she blamed herself. Why wouldn't she? She dug her own grave.

"So, Maya."

Gojo said in his cheerful tone. Since he was lone and she was the only one he knew who could keep him company. She didn't reply, she only wanted to avoid any conversation with him. "Umm, I heard you are a new teacher at our jujutsu tech." He spoke and she frowned.

'I was right, so his memories were rewritten, not wiped off.'

"Yes." She replied, keeping her words to a bare minimum. Gojo smiled and leaned his face towards her. He placed his arm on the armrest between their seats. He held his hand up by his elbow and rested his chin on his palm. He smirked and leaned in, "What type of a cursed technique do you use?" He said, slightly taking interest in the conversation. He wanted to make her speak and her reluctant side was only exciting him to know her better.

"Blood manipulation."

She spoke and leaned outward, towards the window sensing the uncomfortable space between them. She looked aside, avoiding any further communication. "Now now, don't be so reluctant to talk to me. I just wanna be friends!" Gojo said leaning even closer.

"Back off, I will kill you and you won't even know it."

Gojo was struck with a slight trigger, he stopped for a split second, 'I will kill this bastard and he won't even know it...'

'Someone said that...'

'Oh don't worry honey... I will escape and you won't even know it...'

"...I never miss my business..."
He muttered.
Maya's eyes grew wide, he was gaining his memories back already, "O-Oh! The food!" She tried to catch his attention and distracted him. "Huh.... yeah, they're gonna get it, there they are..." he said and shook his head. He then looked back at her, "What grade are you?" He smiled at her again. She sighed and looked aside, "Special grade, I am the cursed blood maiden." She said with a smile. He looked at her with slight shock, "You're the cursed blood maiden?! She died I heard." He said as the air hostess approached them and they opened their tray tables. The air hostess placed the food trays on the tables.

"Well, the cursed blood maiden is sitting beside you. So she didn't die." Maya said while opening her food. "Tch, again with those sweets..." she looked at Gojo and offered her some of her sweets, "You have a sweet tooth don't you? Go on, you can have mine." She said and gave him her sweet packet. "Wha- really!? Thanks!" He said and took them as she looked at her food and started eating it. "Hold it, how do you know I have a sweet tooth?" Gojo looked at her, suspicious as he was, he was astounded at that female's observation abilities. She didn't flinch, she remained calm and turned to face him, "I noticed it, given that bunch of sweets you've got there." She said.

Gojo looked at her with slightly wide eyes. "You're quite sharp, miss cursed blood maiden." He smirked and munched on some of his sweets. The flight was a painful one for Maya, she sat there, beside the one she loved, who had now forgotten her. With the limited time she had before she died, she wanted to enjoy and live her life to the fullest. But for some reason, it seemed difficult for her.

°•☆°•☆°•☆•°

"Aigiri? Wake up, we're gonna land soon."

Maya slowly fluttered open her eyes to see Gojo staring straight onto her face. His blindfold was not on his eyes and his ocean blue eyes shone bright. She looked at him and shook her head, "Yeah... thanks..." she said and straightened her back. The plane soon landed and the two got off.

"Nanami is gonna come pick us up soon... the Kyoto sister school exchange event is starting today. So, I will ask him to drop you to the school. I will come with a special guest."

He said as she gave him a blank look, "Understood." She said and grabbed onto the handle of her suitcase and started walking. "Bye bye!" Gojo waved at her, but she didn't wave back. She then stopped when Nanami stood in front of her with his car.

"Good afternoon Nanami-san."

She greeted him as she opened the gate and placed the suitcase in the back seat. "Good afternoon Aigiri-san." He greeted her back as the two drove off to the Jujutsu Tech Tokyo.

They soon reached the school as the two got off. Maya looked at Nanami and thanked him. "I'll be going now, I got some stuff to do." He said as she bowed at him. "Thank you Nanami-san." She said and walked inside of the premises.

"Maya sensei!!!"

"Tuna!!"

She turned around to see the three second years running towards her to give her a big hug. She waved her arms to try and stop them since the impact would surely have them fall down. "Ah- stop!" She said but they didn't. The three gave her a huge hug as the four of them crashed down. She was a bit shocked, but she soon started laughing along with the three of them.

'I wish... I could go on like this forever."

TO BE CONTINUED---