Ch:11- To hold onto Humanity

Φ¤¤¤Φ
Fireflies// Gojo Satoru x reader + oc

By- _ZESTALICIOUS_
Φ¤¤¤Φ

'Humanity never lost... and it never will.'

"I am taking this brat hostage." Sukuna said as he ripped off Yuji's heart. The devastation could be clearly seen on both, Maya's and Megumi's faces. "You bastard! How dare you hurt Yuji!?" Maya roared and charged at him. "Now now doll face, it's not the most rational decision to shout and attack recklessly." Sukuna said as he dodged and went back. He then took out a finger from his pockets and ate it. "Now... let's use the open space." Sukuna said and charged back at Maya though he was holding back so as to 'enjoy' the female.

But now, something was different about Maya, she was silent. She was quietly dodging Sukuna's attacks effortlessly. "Nue!" Megumi called out to his shadow shikigami through a hand sigh. Megumi charged at Sukuna himself. "How interesting, you have such efficient shikigami and yet you came at me yourself. Kind of a waste of your talents." Sukuna said to Megumi as he prepared to punch him. But, the punch never reached Fushiguro, since Maya used herself as a shield to protect him. "Sensei!" Megumi shouted as Maya pushed him back using her torso. "I won't let you lay a single hand on Megumi-kun." She said and took a stance. "Oh? Then maybe I'll finish you off. But don't worry, I won't kill you right away. I'd love to have some 'fun' with you before that." Sukuna said licking his lip. "Oh? I'd love to see you try." Maya grinned and vanished from his line of sight. 'Where'd she go?' Sukuna thought in confusion and looked around.

"Great Serpent!" Megumi called out to another one of his shadow shikigami. The Serpent held Sukuna and took off to the sky. "Nue! Attack him." Megumi said and the bird charged onto sukuna. But it was only a matter of seconds before great serpent was destroyed. Sukuna landed on his feet, "Looks like your sensei ran away." He grinned. 'No... she's here... I can sense her as if like... she's everywhere... but he can't?' Megumi wondered.

Maya appeared from thin air and landed a solid blow on Sukuna's face, then, she vanished. Before Sukuna could steady himself, Maya appeared from below and kicked him on the chin, then she appeared from above and held him by his hair, without a word, she smashed his face against the ground. 'She's fast!' Sukuna thought. 'No... those are decoys.' Megumi smiled at his sensei. "I love kicking people you know. Now, restore Yuji's heart." Maya said and walked towards Ryomen with two bullet guns in her hands. "You know, by making his body bleed in such a way, you're only adding to my power. I don't have to cut myself." Maya said and shot at him. Sukuna grit his teeth and charged towards Megumi in an attempt to stab him, but Maya stopped him midway using her guns. "You know, I suggest you wipe my blood off of your arms." She said as Sukuna looked at his arms, they'd already corroded to the point where his bones could be seen. Sukuna restored them in an instant and healed the torn blood vessels to stop the blood flow.

Maya repeated the high speed attack again, reopening the wound. "Oh I get it now... they're decoys huh. And your punches don't pack much power... so I am guessing you're out of practice... huh? Maya dear?" Sukuna said as Maya gasped. "Well done but- AAAHHH!" Maya shouted as Sukuna punched her on the stomach and she went flying. 'That's her ability without practice!?' Megumi thought. Maya was physically weak, and so, she was now almost limp. One blow was enough to do that. She started coughing, "Damn asthma...." she muttered.

She stood up somehow, "You lowly curse!" She shouted as blood seeped from her forehead and nose. "You think you can defeat us humans!?" She roared in anger as the sclera of her eyes turned red.

'Maya, humanity in itself, is the greatest force.' she remembered her father's words.

'I only serve the nation but you? You are to serve humanity itself. Wherever you are'

"Wherever you are."

'Never forget.'

"Never forget!"

'Humanity never lost-'

"HUMANITY NEVER LOST! AND IT NEVER WILL!!!" She shouted and unleased the very apex of blood control. "The cursed blood maiden. Lend me your power." She said as her body got carved with several tattoos. She charged at Sukuna with full speed, it was causing Sukuna trouble as well, so he fought back. "Aaaah!!!" Maya shouted as she landed deadly blows on Sukuna. "Restore Yuji's heart!" She shouted and fought with all she had. 'Damn it... I am using a lot of blood... I won't last long... but I have to save Megumi no matter what.' She thought.

"Sensei breathe!!" Megumi shouted as he sent Nue to help Maya. Maya was not breathing, she was contracting both, her heart and her lungs in order to unleash the final form of blood control, The Cursed Blood Maiden.

Just when she was about to corrode Sukuna from the inside, and Sukuna was left vulnerable, she stopped. "Gah! (cough)" She gasped and fell on her knees. 'Humans have two limits, one is their Life limit... and the other, their stamina limit.' Sukuna thought. 'Five minutes... five minutes is all she took to push me to this point... one more and she would've ended me... but it takes months of practice to increase the time with even a second....' He thought and grinned. He stabbed Maya's stomach and threw her to the ground. "Oh how I love you Maya... Makes me wanna kill you." Sukuna said as was about to crush Maya's head when Megumi pushed him off. "Sensei!! Stand up!"

'May-nii...'

'Stand up Maya didi*...'

'Stand up... fight... you have to protect...' She said looking through a half closed eye. Seeing her student guard her broken body. "Sensei (hazy words)-up! sen(hazy words-)" Megumi was trying to say something to her. But it was unclear to her since she'd lost a lot of blood thought the stab in her stomach. 'Harden the blood around the stab...' she thought.

'Stand up.'

'fight'

'Even if it hurts'

'Even if it kills you.'

'Stand up...'

"Stand up" Maya shot open her eyes to see Megumi and Sukuna fighting head-to-head with each other. She stood up, blood was pouring out of her body like fountains. But she still protected Megumi even when he was thrown towards buildings in a brutal way. "You won't give up huh!?" Sukuna shouted at her with frustration. "I'LL NEVER SURRENDER! NOT TO THE LIKES OF YOU! You filthy curse!!" Maya hit him and crashed. Finally, she was knocked unconscious, because Sukuna went all out to kill her. Megumi used Nue to hold her and lean himself against a wall. 'Look at me... I am without a single scratch... and sensei... she's on the door of death...'

"Itadori!!" Megumi shouted. "Megumi! Show me what you've got!" Sukuna laughed when Megumi got furious, but just the, he stopped. "Oh and just so you know... I had no real reason for saving you back then." Megumi said as the tattoos disappeared. "Aha ha! Thanks!" Yuji came back. "I am sorry Maya sensei... but I guess it's over for me... I hope you two live a long life." Yuji said and crashed on the floor, dead. Megumi grit his teeth in frustration.

Megumi dialed Gojo's number on his phone, "Hello, Gojo..."

"Yes? How'd you call me? Is my cute little student missing me already?"

"Gojo... Yuji's..."

"Huh? Why do you sound so down?"

"Yuji's dead and.... Maya sensei..."

"W-what!? What happened to Maya!? And Yuji!? He's dead?!"

"Sukuna killed him...."

"And Maya!?"

"I don't think she'll be able to make it...." He said looking at Maya's limp body, lying on a puddle of her own blood.

Φ¤¤¤Φ---TO BE CONTINUED...

*Didi- a Hindi word used to address elder females, usually as a form of respect. (onii-chan)
Word count- 1338