Ch:6- I never meant to hurt you

•○●○•

FIREFLIES// Gojo Satoru x reader + oc

By- _ZESTALICIOUS_

•○●○

'I never meant to leave you hurting, I never meant to do the worst thing... Not to you...'

I sat beside her as she slept on the hospital bed. I eventually wiped off her tears when they flowed down her cheeks. "You must be having a nightmare huh? Maya?" I whispered. I leaned closer as I felt something wet on the bed. I raised the blanket to see that the white mattress was all red with blood. "Ah! Shoko!" I called out. "what happened?" Shoko came in as she saw the red mattress. "Oh god... how did this happen!?" She asked. "Maybe she was hurt when she got attacked?" I asked. "Could be." Shoko said slowly lifting off the shirt, a huge claw mark was there on her stomach. "She must've stopped the bleeding... but now the wound reopened." Shoko said as she used jujutsu to heal her.

We took care of her brother's body. We preserved it for until she woke up and sent him away with correct rituals. She was asleep for two days straight, and I came to visit her every two hours. This was the first time I was feeling this way, it was both guilt and the desire to finish off the hate she now held within herself for me.

Three days later, Shoko healed her and she woke up. Rico kept me away from her, though I still listened from outside. I just couldn't stay still, I just wanted to see her. Everyday, every time, every moment. Guilt, that drowned me... I wanted it away. Someone... It was her.

I sat outside of her room, on a bench. Still in my sorcerer's uniform and my blindfold.  The door opened, "Rico, how's Maya?" I asked as I saw Rico come outside.  "She woke up, but she still is in a bad condition. You wanna talk to her?" She asked me. "Yes..." I said in a low voice. "Please wait for a while, then you may talk to her. Probably at night. I'll send you her dinner make sure you feed her." She said as I nodded.

MAYA'S/ YOUR POV-
It was dark, I was awake, but too afraid to actually open my eyes. Rustling through my own forest of darkness, I listened. I listened to the crickets, the night ravens, the rustling trees due to the wind and in that darkness, there was a firefly. A blue firefly as bright as the light of the moon itself. It's presence in itself was comforting and warm. I slowly opened my eyes to see myself in a dark room. The room decorated with shadows of the night. The patterns of the tree leaves due to the bright moon were there on the wall. As dark as it may seem, it was beautiful.

I slowly pushed aside my blanket and used my arms to sit up straight. "You're awake." I heard a familiar male voice. I gasped and turned to my side to see Gojo sitting on a chair. "Sato...ru..." I muttered in a shrill voice. He kindly smiled at me, he was not wearing his blindfold and was not in his uniform either. His eyes were shining just like that firefly from before. The firefly in my dreams. "I am glad you woke up. I brought you dinner. Sorry but, the current supply isn't there." He said as a gust of wind flew by. "Kuroko?" I asked as his face dropped. "He is..."

"I know... I can't  run away from that anymore." I said. "I have to live on... There must be a reason why god didn't kill me right?" I asked. He looked at me in awe, "True." He said and stood up. "Maya... I am so sorry. I know I could've saved your brother but..." He said. "You have some guts Satoru. Showing me your face after all this." I said looking at him with a frown and a smile of pity. A pity that I bestowed upon myself. "Maya, please, hear me out." He said kneeling down before me and holding onto both of my hands. The light that fell on his eye from the crack of the window made his silver hair shine brighter. His eye shining the bright blue of a sapphire under the moonlight. "You want me to hear you out?" I said in a weak, but firm voice. "Yes... just this once." He said as he held onto both of my arms. His eyes looked so pure and kind.

 His eyes looked so pure and kind

"Alright."

"Thank you... let's go outside shall we? And first, please eat your dinner. You've been asleep for the past three days." He said as I nodded. He helped me up and took me downstairs. The night's wind was pleasant, it was neither cold nor too hot. The perfect wind that tickled my skin and strummed my hair with its symphony. The both of us sat on a bench, "What time is it Satoru?" I asked. "It's 11 pm... pretty late for dinner, I know." He said as he opened the box for me and handed me the dinner. "I heard you don't eat meat, so I made it accordingly." He said while pouring me a hot cup of tea. "You... made this yourself?" I asked as he smiled at me, "Yup! I am pretty descent at cooking!" He said in a cheerful voice. I also realized that he'd been sitting there on that chair since 8 pm, waiting for me to wake up, he eventually fell asleep there.

'Maybe it was because of his presence that... it was so warm?'

I took a bite from the corn cutlet he made, "It's really good." I said in slight surprise. "Really? I am glad!" He clapped his hands. "What was it that you wanted me to hear out?" I asked taking another bite while sliding my hair behind my ear. "Ah, I want you to please join us in the jujutsu tech."

"And what will I do after that?"

"You can maybe teach our students... given you're the cursed blood maiden. I actually thought she died."

"I can't teach them... I have a job."

"You don't have to quit! You can work there side by side... since we need them to focus on their academics as well."

"I..."

"To make up for the losses, the principal has decided to give you a two bedroom house inside the school's area. This way, you'll be safe as well."

"If that's the case...  then, I will join."

"Also..."

"Also?"

"I ask for your forgiveness. I never meant to hurt you..." He said turning to me, his eyebrows bent in an arc that went straight through me. "I promise to be a better person, I know how much-"

"It was not your fault. It was mine."

"No..."

"But I can't forgive you for starting all this... I doubt it."

"Then... please allow me to protect you." He said in a serious tone I turned to him in shock, "You..." I was speechless. "To make up for what I've done." He said as he looked at me with a slight tint of red on his cheeks. "I hate you Satoru... But I am not like you... so I guess, I'll give it a shot." I said while biting onto my meal. He jumped in happiness, "Thank you Maya!" He said and sat beside me, "Eat all of it okay? Then sleep! Then I'll come pick you up tomorrow!"

"I know, shut up. You're too loud."

•○●○•-- TO BE CONTINUED...