Ch:5- A Nightmare

•○●○•

FIREFLIES// Gojo Satoru x reader + oc

By- _ZESTALICIOUS_

°○●○•

'Now I lay me down to sleep...'

 I was 11 years old when Kuroko was born. I was so happy that I had a younger brother now. My mother and father were too, overjoyed and happy. We lived in India back then, in my home, Kolkata, West Bengal. "See Maya, it is the blessing of the Goddess Maha Laxmi." My mother told me when my brother was born. "Also called Aigiri Nandini." She told me, the daughter of the mountains who grants us with blessings. 

'I pray the lord, my soul to keep.' I closed my ears.

Kuroko's first words were, "May-ni!" He said them with such a big bright smile. I was so happy to have him as my little brother. "Kuu-kun!" I nick named him, that japanese influence of living in japan made me do it. 

'And if I shall die before I wake...'

And now, he's dead, lying here, motionless in front of me. Rico rushed inside my house and stood beside Satoru. I stopped my sobbing and looked at their shocked faces. "What did I ever do to you?" I asked Satoru. "Maya I was set up in this..." He muttered as I tilted my head and wiped off my tears. "It's not his fault Maya... I used my time vision, Kuroko died in your office at 3 pm, it was a cursed spirit that was controlling his corpse. It seems it was an expert at hiding it's presence." Rico said.

'I pray the lord... My soul to take.'

"Then... this must be a dream... a nightmare." I stood up as my feet wobbled. "Maybe if I cut off my head, I'll wake up..." I said and walked to the dining table. I picked up a knife and brought it near my head. I was instantly stopped by a huge arm, the other arm wrapped around my body to keep me from moving. "No... it's not a dream..." I heard Gojo's low voice, filled with guilt. "It has to be! Or I would've never let this happen!" I shouted struggling to break free of his grasp. "Maya... I am so sorry..." Satoru mumbled. Rico came and hugged me close. "Maya... what's done is done... you can only live on." She said to me.

"First mom... then Dad... and even Keiko..." I muttered. "They all died... and I let that happen! Now it's Kuroko and he died too! AND I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING! Then what good am I!?" I shouted as Satoru's grasp tightened around me. "But I am not asleep... no..." The truth was so harsh on me, that I wished it was a nightmare.

"Let me go!" I shouted at Gojo as I turned around and slapped him. I ran inside of my room and locked it from inside. "Maya! Open the door!" I heard Rico and Gojo slamming at the door.

'Why?'

'Why? It should've been me who died...'

I closed my eyes and calmed my breathing, I seated myself on the floor, in the corner of my room. I put both my arms on my ears and squeezed them against my ears. I could hear their voices fade into darkness....

My mother was a Japanese woman who fell for an Indian man. I was born of their love for each other. And soon after that, I was blessed with a younger brother. I was a frequent visitor to Japan as I loved visiting my grandmother. She taught me various things and feasted me to various dishes. But one day, my mother didn't return from work... she passed away in a car accident. I was twelve back then. My father was broken after that, he never thought this would happen. My father took us both back to India and he went off on for his duty on the borders. Soon, he gave up his life on the front lines too. I was 13 then. 

I still took care of Kuroko, alone, sometimes Grandma would call us and tell us to come over to her. But how? Over time, I grew and developed myself... I discovered Jujutsu and enrolled myself in the Jujutsu tech in Delhi. I was one of the strongest by the time I was 17. I was nick-named the cursed blood maiden. My beloved teacher Keiko, she was the reason of my success... I was happy...

OUTSIDE, IN A PARK-

"But then one day, she just quit." Rico said to Gojo as he looked at the apartment building. "Why'd she quit?" He asked. "I don't know, she refuses to tell. She was so strong and fearless. I mean... just take a look at her ability, no blood manipulation has ever been refined to this level that it it can change color!" Rico said. "Whoa..." Gojo looked at Rico. "What can be done now?" He asked. "Maybe you can convince her to join the Jujutsu tech. This way she will stay safe. Maybe." Rico suggested.

"I hope she understands."

The sun soon rose up as the two walked inside of Maya's house, her brother's corpse was taken care of by the Jujutsu tech's people. Her house was broken down and she had locked herself in a room. Gojo slowly opened the gate to see her asleep on the corner of the room, her tears had dried out. Gojo picked her up and placed her gently on the bed of the room. He then covered her up with a blanket and gently wiped off a tear drop from her cheek. "If I've brought you into this... then so be it, I'll take you out as well." He whispered and called Shoko, "Shoko, we've secured this place, please come over as soon as possible." He said. "Right." Came in the reply.

Nanami soon came inside the place as well, "I got to know some stuff." Nanami said bowing to Rico who was wiping off the blood of maya's head. "The attack on Kuroko Aigiri, was actually done by mister Gakutani himself. He killed the boy and made his body into a puppet using Principal Yaga's skill. He seemed to have copied it somehow." Nanami said. "I saw it using my technique." Rico said. "That spirit ripped off Kuroko's heart, it was not a corpse control technique." Rico said. "But this much is sure, It's Gakutani's doing... to get rid of the cursed blood maiden, or use her as a dump to Sukuna's fingers...." Gojo grinned in irritation, "I feel like killing all those higher-ups..." 

•○●○•-- TO BE CONTINUED...