Ch:18- Drown me and watch me fly

•○●○•

FIREFLIES// Gojo Satoru x reader + oc

By- _ZESTALICIOUS_

•○●○•

"Maya, do you know why I want to save people?" My teacher, Keiko asked me. "No, I don't sensei." I asked, and the words she responded to me with were sewed in my heart for as long as I lived... she said-

"Because even if it means I die while I save them, I'll feel alive. Alive like never before."

I can't sit here like this while Satoru fights that curse. It's the same scene as then... I was on the floor, watching my teacher fight while I sat there, relaxing. And what was the end? She died. Satoru prioratised saving me, I can't sit here like this...

"Infinity, now come on, stretch out your hand..." Gojo said while waving his hand. "Hora hora! Come on..." He waved while the cursed hesitated. "Come on!" Gojo said. "Coomee~ onnn~" He said as the curse stepped forward and tried putting his hand on Gojo's but just stopped short of him. "This is infinity, intensified or denser space. So you're technically slowed to the point were you feel stopped." he explained and moved his hands to touch the curse's hands. "Oh no need to be shy now..." he said as he mingled his fingers in his. "You're making me feel self conscious too." He said in a fake, shy voice. I somehow stood up and summoned my powers. "Blood needles of death." I murmured and crossed my arms as a command of it's formation. 

Gojo suddenly pulled it close and hit it in the stomach, strong enough to make it spit blood. I sent some of the needles towards it. It's back was totally tattered with them. "May, stand down!" Satoru said to me, probably still worried about my condition. "It's alright! I'll be fine!" I said as I let down my blood, the one that was evaporated. "I'll attack it when it's vulnerable, you keep it busy." I said and ran off to find a blind spot. 

"Jujutsushiki Hanten Aka: RED"

Gojo unleashed a blow of cursed energy, named red. He then ran off to sweep me off my feet and run along with me in his arms, through the forest. "Hold on tight." He said to me as he jumped and kicked the curse. I shut my eyes and threw my arms around his shoulders and dug my face in my arms. He kicked it and sent it flying off to the lake where Gojo disappeared. In a matter of seconds, he brought Yuji along. "Huh? Eeh!? We were at the school just ten seconds ago! What happened!" Yuji said in a confused way. "Say, we teleported." Gojo said. "He won't explain it..." I said in an annoyed tone while I stood on the water. "May I introduce Yuji Itadori! He's just here to watch." Gojo said while pulling me closer to him. 

"Fuji! His head is Mt.Fuji!" Yuji said. "Yeah! I was wondering the same thing!" I said and looked up front. 

"Domain expansion..." The curse said with a hand sign as the ground started to change. "Ah!" I said as I stepped back. Gojo held my hand and looked at me, "Stay close." He said and head patted Yuji, "Don't worry, You'll be fine." He said to Yuji.

"COFFIN OF THE IRON MOUNTAIN." The curse called out. 

"W-what is this!?" Yuji said. "Domain expansion." Gojo explained Domain expansion to him as the curse tried to attack us, I was holding him back with my blood. But heat was not really my thing, I was losing my stand. "S-satoru... I-I..." I stuttered but was unable to speak anything. 'My throat.... what's happening?'

Satoru held me close and took off his blind fold.

"DOMAIN EXPANSION: Infinite Void."

Gojo used his domain, I was simply fascinated. It was beautiful, as if, I could see the entire universe. "Beautiful...." I muttered. Suddenly, Gojo got behind the curse and ripped off it's head and broke off the domain. For some reason, I felt healed. "Now..." Gojo stepped on the curse's head, "Who told you to come after me and Maya? Was something good supposed to happen if you killed us?" He increased his grip. "As if I'd tell you!" The curse grunted. His body was destroyed along with the domain and his head was all that remained. 

Suddenly, a lot of flowers came in all around us. "Flowers!" I said. "Woowooo~ Flowers!" Yuji said. "So pretty!" Gojo said but instantly slapped himself. I shook my head, 'It's snatching away my will to fight.' I said as suddenly another curse came in and took the fire curse's head and ran off. "Ah!" Yuji exclaimed as he got thrown my a moving creeper, or a tree branch that was flexible. "Sensei! I'll be fine catch them!" Yuji said but just instantly shook off the idea of fighting the curse alone when a demonic mouth opened in the tree's stem. "Sorry! I lied! Help!!" He said and Gojo had to save him. "I am sorry... It got away... (Yuji's endless apology.)...."

"Perfect! Now you'll be fighting against me and May-chan for the next one month! Then we'll have your glorious return in the Kyoto sister school exchange event!" Gojo said.

"Hi sensei!" Yuji said.

"Hi! Yuuu~ji kun~" Gojo said.

"The exchange event is... what?" He said. "Huh? I didn't tell you?" Gojo said as I gave him a dumb look. "Haah, you're so irresponsible Satoru." I said. "Hey! I took care of you! I am responsible." Gojo said and I walked towards him. I approached him and smiled at him while looking up at him, "Yes, and I thank you for that." I gave him a warm smile. He blushed and turned around as I looked at him with confusion. "A-ahem! Of course! It was my pleasure!" He said and turned to me. I laughed at that, and soon, after looking at me laugh for some time, he joined in too along with Yuji. "I am glad you're alright Maya."

"Let's go home."

I realized something, he really is not a bad person. Rather he is a very caring and kind person, at least towards his friends and students. I guess, I know it very well now, that this hate and fear that I have towards him...

I looked at his face, his rosy and glossy smiling lips. Tall body and snow white hair. A warm, yet cunning smile.

'I know one thing's for sure...'

He looked at me and smiled.

'This hate and this fear that I hold towards him...'

I smiled back at him as he wiped off the blood from my lips and chin using his thumb. He gave me his handkerchief and offered me his hand to help me walk.

'It won't last forever, It'll be over soon. I'll regret ever hating him one day...'

"Thank you Satoru." I said taking his hand.

•○●○•---TO BE CONTINUED...