~45~

When Shawn and Taryn got to her bedroom, they were both feeling a complex combination of excitement and apprehension.

"You're sure you want to...?" he asked, hoping she wouldn't back out, but understanding why she might. He'd never push her to do anything she was uncomfortable with.

She stepped closer to him and took his hands in hers. "Yes." She knew that following her heart might lead to pain down the road, but her desire to connect with him was too strong to resist.

Leading her over to the bed, he sat down and pulled her so she was sitting sideways on his lap before kissing her along her jaw. "You're the most beautiful woman on earth," he whispered.

Her gut instinct was to protest, especially considering Yasmin was a model, but he'd said it with such sincerity that she knew he was being honest. To him, she was perfect, and that feeling was mutual. She'd always believed he was the most handsome man to ever exist.

Turning so that their mouths could connect again, she wound her fingers in his curls. After kissing in this fairly chaste position for several minutes, she got up briefly to climb back on his lap so she could straddle him. She needed to feel him between her legs. He groaned loudly when she rocked against the erection that was painful in the confines of his jeans.

"I need you," he told her.

She stood and slowly began removing her clothes as he watched. Her apparel wasn't exactly striptease-worthy, but exposing a little more skin as each item came off was sexy as hell for both of them. He had to reach down and adjust himself in his pants because he'd grown even harder and bigger. More than anything, he wanted to be inside her, but he was going to make damn sure she was satisfied first.

Once Taryn was down to her undies, he grinned and nodded at the large briefs. "Those are something else."

She looked down at the granny panties she'd become accustomed to wearing and blushed. "They're, um, really comfy." This wasn't the time to bring up Jules's affection for them.

He got up and kissed her deeply before guiding her to the bed. "They aren't staying on anyway. Now lay down," he instructed.

She bit her lip as her core started quivering in anticipation. While she leaned on her elbows, he hastily pulled off his hoodie, jeans, and socks. His body was just as muscular as it had ever been, though his chest seemed a bit hairier. Somehow Shawn Mendes managed to completely escape the dad bod syndrome that most men his age succumbed to. Taryn had become curvier and softer with age, but he found that insanely attractive.

"Scoot back a little," he said.

She did as she was told, holding her breath as he pushed her knees apart and lowered his head between her thighs. He used his nose to nuzzle the soft cotton of her panties, inhaling her intoxicating scent which was as familiar to him as the perfume she used to dab on her wrists each morning. The urge to go down on her was overwhelming.

He hooked his fingers on the elastic of her underwear and pulled them down her legs, tossing them to the floor with their other clothes. Using his tongue, he lapped upward along her wet vertical slit, savoring her essence.

"You taste so sweet," Shawn told her as he looked into her blue eyes.

He lowered himself between her creamy thighs again, this time inserting his tongue inside her as far as it could go. She whimpered as she bucked her hips, needing more. Using one of his hands, he pinned her down to hold her steady, because the erratic movements made his task more difficult, and he took this job very very seriously. Pleasuring Taryn was something he'd thought of many times since they'd split up, and he was going to do everything he could to make her happy.

Lifting his head so he could watch her respond to his touch, he slipped two fingers inside her, deftly moving them in a circular motion against her G-spot. This always used to push her over the edge quickly, and his need to be one with her was growing more and more insistent. He wanted to finish her off with his mouth, so before her release came, he removed his fingers and licked them. She watched and was practically panting with eagerness. Then he sucked her swollen clit as she writhed frenetically.

"Oh god," she said as she felt the delicious pressure build. "That feels so good." Within moments she was a screaming mess, and when the orgasm was done, she'd become a puddle of jelly.

Shawn laid beside her and pulled her against his long lean body. As he stroked her back, he choked back a sob as his emotions got the best of him. She noticed but chose not to draw attention to it, because she was close to tears herself. Her fingers trailed down his stomach to his boxers. Slipping her hand under the waistband, she took hold of him, stroking slowly. He removed his underwear to give her full access to his manhood.

Taryn moved from his embrace and knelt beside his thighs, taking him in her wet mouth while tonguing the ridge of the tip. He wanted to run his fingers through her glorious tresses, so he removed the scrunchy that held her loose bun in place. Then he took huge handfuls of her long red hair in his hands and held on as she got to work, doing everything exactly the way he liked.

"I-I'm close," he moaned after she'd sucked and teased for several minutes. "But baby...I want to come inside you, not in your mouth."

She sat back on her heels. "That's what I want, too."

After she laid down, he positioned himself between her legs. She felt him press against her opening and moaned loudly as he moved inside her velvety walls. He took long deliberate strokes, making love to her slowly.

"Fuck, Taryn," he said with a deep husky voice, "you feel so right. I've missed you so much."

As much as she appreciated how gentle he was being, she needed more. She wanted deep thrusts that she felt in her stomach. She wanted to be sore the next day. She wanted the vigor of his movements to match the intensity of how long they'd waited for this reunion.

"Shawn?" she said breathlessly.

"What honey?"

"Fuck me. Fuck me hard."

His eyes opened wide at her demand, but he did as she requested, thrusting in and out powerfully. "Is that what you want?" he asked.

"Yes! That's what I need."

He obligingly gave her more of what she asked for, taking one of her legs and throwing it over his shoulder. She'd forgotten how much deeper he could go in this position, and her eyes rolled back in her head as she got lost in how good it felt.

As he bucked his hips into her, he brought his right hand to stroke her clit. It didn't take long for Taryn to reach her peak again. As she was riding out the high, his rhythm became sloppy, and he groaned loudly as he shuddered and came. Shawn collapsed on top of her, though she welcomed the weight of his body on hers.

"Jesus fucking Christ," he murmured in her ear. "Am I crazy, or was that the best sex ever?"

She giggled. "It was pretty spectacular. It reminded me of how we were at the beginning."

Neither of them said it, but they were both very aware of how much more satisfying this encounter had been than any of the times spent with their other partners. It wasn't, however, just because it was physically better.

Shawn rolled so he was beside her, propping himself up on one elbow. "I love you so much. I never stopped, not for one second."

"It's been the same for me. I'm just not capable of loving anyone as much as I love you."

"Not even Julian?" he asked.

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't love him, but it wasn't like this," she gestured between their bodies. "You said earlier that you wanted to save your marriage. Is that because of your love for Yasmin?"

"I love her as a person. She's the mother of my child and she's very good to me, but it's never been close to how I feel about you."

They were silent for several minutes, both of them feeling guilt about the people they'd hurt.

"What do we do now?" Shawn asked.