~38~

Shawn sat up straight and stretched his arms over his head after being in the same spot for four hours working on one of his songs. He checked his email and saw that the graphics team at Third Chance had sent another draft of the album cover. This one was definitely better than the last, but he replied with some notes about what needed tweaking. The colors were a bit too vibrant, and he didn't like how the album name was centered on the page.

Getting up, his legs felt slightly stiff so he decided he'd take an hour break to swim laps since it was an unusually warm December day. As he walked through the quiet house, he saw Rosie picking toys up off the floor.

"Hi," she whispered. "Piper went down for her nap about twenty minutes ago. If you've got any housework for me to do, I'm happy to do it."

One of the many admirable qualities Rosie had was that she liked to stay busy and volunteered to do non-nanny stuff when Piper slept.

He shook his head. "The cleaners were here yesterday, and I finished the laundry this morning. You should just relax for awhile."

"If you don't mind, I think I'll go sit outside and read," she said as she picked up the baby monitor.

Shawn continued to his room and changed into a pair of swim trunks. He grabbed some goggles and a towel and went out on the patio. Thankfully Rosie had turned her lounge chair away from the pool so that she was fully in the shade, because he felt a little self-conscious about exercising with someone watching him, especially since his freestyle form wasn't very good. He swam a fifty laps and then hopped out. As he walked towards the sliding door, Piper's voice sounded over the monitor. She rarely woke up crying, but she often made loud noises to get their attention.

"Someone took a short nap," Rosie commented as she got up.

Shawn toweled off his hair. "I read in the baby book that sometimes babies transition down to one big nap after their first birthday. Maybe she's moving in that direction."

The door opened and they both turned and saw Yasmin standing there.

"My meeting ended early," she said as she looked from her half-naked husband to the nanny. "Where's Pippy?"

"She just woke up, so I'll go get her." Rosie hurried inside.

Yaz ran a finger down her husband's dripping chest. "I'm a bit envious that she gets to enjoy this view while I'm at work."

Something about how she said that didn't sit well with him. "It's the first time I've swam laps in a month and a half. It's been too cold lately."

"I saw that Toronto was hit by a snow storm yesterday. Have you heard from your family?"

"Mum texted that they got eight inches. She sent some pics." Seeing the photos of snow made him miss his hometown even more. There was nothing cozier than sitting inside with a hot cup of cocoa while watching the snow fall outside.

Rosie appeared with Piper in her arms. "We're going for a stroll since it's such a pretty day. I'll have my phone if you need to reach me."

"Have fun!" Yaz said cheerfully. After they left, she stepped closer to Shawn. "They'll be gone for awhile. Let's go inside and have some fun of our own."

He still had work to do, but they hadn't fooled around in almost two weeks, so he smiled and nodded. Ever since the kiss with Taryn, he'd felt guilty whenever he was intimate with his wife. She took him by the hand and led him into the house, down the hall, and to their bedroom.

"Do you want me to shower so that I don't smell like chlorine?" he asked.

"That ruins the spontaneity, don't you think?"

"Just checking."

She reached up and entwined her fingers in his wet hair. "You look so good right now. When I saw you through the window, I got very excited."

"Oh yeah?"

"Maybe you should check to see if I'm lying."

He felt his dick twitch in his soggy trunks. "We should probably take off some of these clothes."

Yasmin was wearing a short black suit, so he started by unbuttoning and removing her jacked. Then he pulled the simple silky tank top over her head, revealing a very sexy pale pink bra. She tugged his head down and he peppered kisses across the tops of her perfect breasts as he undid the zipper on the back of her skirt. It fell to the floor, revealing a matching thong.

Fuck she was sexy. Was that why he'd fallen for her? Had he really become one of those guys? He'd once watched a show on human evolution that stated that men were more attracted to women who gave off a potential-mother vibe. Large breasts, wide hips, and a narrow waist were generally considered things that pointed to child-bearing ability. Yasmin was like most modern models and wasn't overly thin. She'd had a boob job early on in her career, and worked her ass off to maintain her round ass and tiny tummy. He was struck by another jolt of guilt for thinking about his wife so superficially.

"Shawn," she breathed, bringing him back to the moment. "Weren't you going to check something?"

He lifted his head and kissed her deeply as he slid a hand down the front of her thong. She was completely hairless, which was something Taryn never went for. Shit. He needed to stop thinking about her! As his fingers slipped between her soft folds, he found that she was indeed very excited.

She broke away from the kiss. "See? I wasn't lying."

"I appreciate your honesty," he said hypocritically.

"Let's see if you're as aroused as I am," she purred as she moved his hand and dropped low enough that her head was level with his dick. She reached out and stroked him through his swim shorts, finding that he was definitely ready for what she had planned.

The trunks were hastily yanked down before she took him in her mouth and started giving him a glorious blow job. Groaning loudly, he grabbed onto her ponytail to guide her head back and forth. It had been so long that he quickly felt the pressure building in his balls. Considering she'd been so ready for him, it seemed unfair to come in her mouth instead of fucking her. He pulled her off him and dropped down on the floor in front of her. Then he gently pushed her onto her back and positioned himself between her legs.

"Wait!" Yaz said. "I've got a photo shoot tomorrow. What if the hardwood floor leaves a mark?"

So much for that spontaneity she'd mentioned earlier.

He took her by the hands and lifted her upright so they could get in the same formation on their bed. Then he plunged inside her, grunting at how good she felt.

"Fuck me hard," she demanded.

The best way to do that was to take her from behind, which happened to be his favorite position with Yaz since he didn't have to look into her blue eyes, which was even harder now that he was preoccupied with Taryn. He flipped her over and thrust back inside her, causing her to cry out with pleasure.

"Yes, baby, yes! Just like that!" she said as he went faster and deeper.

He exploded inside her with a loud groan, realizing he'd done nothing to get her off. Pulling out, he got up to clean himself off and get her a tissue, but right as he was about to suggest that he do something for her, the alarm system beeped twice indicating that Rosie and Piper had returned.

"We can continue this tonight," he promised her before he stepped into the bathroom to take a shower.

Yasmin got dressed in a pair of leggings and oversized shirt. Something had been very off as they'd had sex and it worried her.