~31~

Taryn had just gotten off the phone with one of her vendors when someone knocked at the closed office door. "It's open! Come on in!"

Mina walked in and took a seat. "The staff wants to know if there are guidelines for their Halloween apparel tomorrow. Is it 'anything goes' or do you want everyone to dress tastefully?"

"I think the day shift should keep it clean but it'll be a party atmosphere at night, so I don't mind if people get a little naughty as long as it's not indecent."

"Got it. You're working, right? Or are you doing something with that great guy of yours?"

"Jules took the late shift so that the anesthesiologists who have kids can be home to go trick-or-treating. I have plans early in the evening, but I hope to be here by nine," Taryn told her.

"In a costume?"

"Yes," she rolled her eyes. "Don't expect much, though. Maybe a witch hat or some devil horns."

"Boo! You're lame!" Mina joked. "I'll be dressed up as a sexy skeleton."

"I miss those days! Maybe I'll put on some tight pants and a cute top."

"You should! Even if he's at work, you can send your handsome man some photos of you looking hot!"

She laughed. "We'll see."

******

The following afternoon, Taryn dug through her closet looking for something to wear. She tried on her skinniest black jeans and was pleased to find they still fit. Finding a top was more of a challenge. She pulled out a semi-sheer blouse that looked great paired with a black bralette, but upon closer inspection she noticed that it was missing several buttons. She stood frozen as she recalled how she'd lost them.

"Jesus fucking Christ, baby...you look so good!" Shawn said as he pulled her onto his lap after he sat on the edge of their bed. "I don't even want to think about how many people hit on you at work tonight!"

"There were a couple guys who made comments, but no one was grabby. How was your night?"

"We had a ton of trick-or-treaters, which is another advantage to moving here. Maybe next year you can take the night off. You'll have to if we have a little ghost or ghoul of our own!"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves," she cautioned him. "No matter what, I'll try to be home so we can greet the cute kiddos at the door together. Did Hendrix keep his get-up on all night?"

They'd bought the pup a pumpkin costume, which was basically an orange doggy sweatshirt and a little cap with a green stem.

"Not the hat. He shook it off almost immediately. He didn't mind the rest of it, though. It was almost too much excitement for him, but he was really good with the children. He's going to sleep solidly in his crate tonight!"

"I'm going to do the same, just not in a crate. I'm pooped!"

He reached down and rested his hand on her barely-swollen belly. "You definitely need your rest. We've got my parents' anniversary brunch tomorrow, so you don't even get to sleep in late."

She shifted slightly and could feel him pressing on the back of her thigh. "Are you sure you want me to go to sleep right away?"

Shawn grinned. "Can you stay up a little longer?"

"Mmhm."

He leaned forward and kissed her deeply as his hands roamed over her body. His fingers found the buttons of her shirt, but after getting most of them undone he grew impatient and tore the remaining ones. "I'll buy you a replacement," he breathed into her neck as he caressed her bare skin.