Twenty Three- The Recital

Ok hi motherfuckers unfortunately I can't put pictures in here from my phone and I can't download this on my computer bc I'm using my brother's since mine broke s o I'm gonna put a link to the picture in the comments

This picture was the inspiration for this story

I sadly don't know who the artist is but if you do please let me know!!

Frank waited anxiously for the bus to pick him up.

It was raining, and he had an umbrella tucked under his arm as he waited under the bus stop roof. Gerard's recital was in an hour, and the bus ride would take him thirty minutes.

He was cutting it close.

The bus pulled up, and he boarded.

Gerard had laughed when he saw what Frank was wearing. He had kissed him and said, "I love you, you little fucking punk."

Frank had almost proposed to him right there.

The bus was late.

He had ten minutes to get to Gerard's performance, but he had promised his boyfriend something first, so he was going to do that.

Frank ran over to the steps on the side of the building. Gerard was there, wearing a suit and pacing. His usually messy hair was combed down, and he jumped when Frank pulled himself up on the bars. His boots were slipping, so he planted them firmly on the side of the stairs.

"Frankie!" Gerard leaned over the railing and kissed him. His feet were just barely touching the floor. "Get inside, I'm starting soon! Here's your ticket."

"I love you." Frank took the ticket between his teeth and slid down, letting his feet touch the concrete. He pulled the ticket out of his mouth and blew a kiss to Gerard, then ran to the front of the theatre.

They let him in without a hitch. He took a seat in the very back, so he could get in and out quickly without Gerard's family knowing.

The lights dimmed, and everyone clapped when Gerard walked out onstage. Frank whistled.

The lights were all gone now, except the one shining on Gerard. He tucked his violin under his chin and dragged the bow across the strings.

Frank was enthralled. Gerard played so beautifully. His fingers moved across the frets as fast as lightning, changing chords and sounds. His eyes were closed, and his body moved with the music, like he was the one creating the music and not the instrument in his hand.

He finished his song, and the audience clapped. He reached down to flip the sheet music.

This song Frank recognized. It was that song he'd played in the library, from Howl's Moving Castle. He made it sound so heartfelt and beautiful. Every sound the violin made was straight from his heart, Frank could tell that.

He was so proud of his boyfriend.

The lights went up, and everyone cheered. Gerard took a bow and walked offstage with his violin.

That had not seemed like an hour to Frank.

He left the theatre and went back to the stairs, where he had arranged to meet Gerard.

Gerard came out a few minutes later. His face was flushed. "I can't believe I did it."

"You were incredible!" Frank hugged him tightly. "You're amazing, and so talented. Is there anything you can't do?"

Gerard smiled. "Convince my family to like you."

"Eh. They don't matter." Frank kissed Gerard, soft and sweet. "I've got to get back to Brimstone before Ray blows my cover."

"Call me when you get there, alright? I wanna make sure you're safe."

"Got it."

They shared one last kiss, holding hands tightly, before Frank walked back down the alley and to catch the bus again.

And back to Brimstone he went. 

Diary of a Jersey Misfit (Frerard)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara