Nine- Late Birthday Celebration

Someone was pulling on Frank's arm. He groaned into the pillow. "Go away."

"Nope! Come on, it's a weekend. We're going into town." It was Clo. "I will literally rip your arm out of the socket, don't test me."

"Fuck off." Frank yanked his arm away.

"Frank, come on. Wake up."

Finally, Frank let her pull him out of bed. He could hear Ray laughing from his desk as he stood up to brush himself off.

"It's Saturday, and we missed your birthday because it was during the week, so we are going into town. Come on. Ray is coming too."

"I am?"

"Yes, you are, and are you eighteen yet?"

"Not yet."

Frank stumbled over to his dresser. "How old are you, Clo?"

"I'll be seventeen in January. I've told you this before."

"Woah, what?" Frank whipped around to look at her. "You don't look sixteen."

"And you don't look eighteen." She pushed his shoulder. "Get dressed, I'll wait outside."

Ray stood up and followed her out. "Let us know when you're done."

Frank sighed and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a random tattered shirt he had. He opened the door for the two of them, then sat down to put on socks.

"Quick, quick," Ray said, pushing Gerard inside. Frank looked up curiously.

"Mikey sleeps late, it's okay," Gerard assured him. He sat on Ray's bed, across from Frank. Clo and Ryan also entered the room.

"I am not illegally buying you alcohol. And Frank won't either," Ryan was saying to Clo. "Right, Frank?"

"Um...sure." Frank couldn't say much, since he'd been sneaking alcohol since he was fifteen.

"It'll be hard to convince the bartender that you need drinks for five people anyways, if there's only two of you in there," Ray said. "Maybe we can all hang out this summer. Then we can have at least four people old enough to drink."

"And small Clo," Frank said, and she smacked him.

"How are we getting there, anyways?" Ryan asked.

"We're walking." Ray sat down at his desk. "It's only two miles."

Frank looked down at his combat boots. They'd be fine to walk in. Probably.

"Guys..." This was probably important to bring up. "I don't have any money."

"Are you fucking insane? You think we're gonna make you pay for things?" Clo asked. "It was your birthday on Tuesday! You don't get to pay for anything."

"No, I don't want you to buy me anything," Frank protested.

Gerard spoke up softly. "Hush. We're buying you things."

Frank glared at them all. "I hate you."

"No you don't!" Clo wrapped her arms around Frank. "Now let's go before it gets too busy."

xXx

They were all panting by the time they got to town. Ray had his arm around Frank's shoulder so that he didn't die, and Gerard and Ryan were clinging to each other. Clo was wheezing slightly, but she had refused help from anyone, so she marched on ahead of them.

The town was bustling. People were busy buying things and walking around with their friends.

The five of them found a bench to sit on. Frank completely missed it and collapsed on the ground by Ryan's legs.