Twenty Six- Frank Meets the Fam

Gerard laid down on the floor of their new apartment, exhausted from carrying boxes. Frank just laughed. "Weak bitch."

"Whore," Gerard wheezed. "You didn't have to carry all the books up."

"Ah, but I did have to carry the books to the car."

"But not up three flights of stairs!"

Frank stuck his tongue out. He was standing at the kitchen counter of their new apartment, making lemonade for both of them. Gerard had offered to bring the rest of the boxes up, since Frank's legs started getting shaky.

"When's our mattress getting here?" Frank asked, bringing a glass over to Gerard and settling on the couch. "And come sit on the couch, you heathen."

Gerard stood up from the floor and wobbled over to the couch, sitting next to his boyfriend and taking the lemonade gratefully. "Tomorrow or Friday."

"Ugh. That thing better be the best damn mattress I ever lie on if I'm gonna be sleeping on the floor for two nights."

"Maybe only one!" Gerard frowned. "Why is there ice in this?"

"I'm American, baby, we do that." Frank kissed his cheek. "I want the mattress to come so I can sleep next to you."

"We can put our sleeping bags next to each other."

Frank frowned. "You know that's not what I mean. How am I gonna tempt you from your work if we're sleeping on the floor?"

"Just-" Gerard cupped his cheeks. "This is enough."

Frank smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too. But we have to meet my parents for lunch, so let's go shower."

"In the bathroom? It's all tile, it's gonna be slippery as hell. And we have to clean."

"Hell no, I'm sneaking you into my parent's penthouse and we're showering together. Just wear sunglasses. You can wear my coat."

"It's July!"

Gerard kissed him. "You can handle the heat. It's only ten blocks."

"That's a long walk."

Gerard tipped his head. "Nah. You're just weak."

Frank butted heads with him.

They ended up showering at their own apartment, and Frank was a nervous wreck as they took the subway to meet Gerard's parents at a restaurant in Brooklyn. The struggle of figuring out the subway eased his mind a bit, and he decided that asking a stranger for directions and where to get off was more anxiety inducing than meeting his boyfriend's parents.

He decided against that after they walked into the restaurant, though.

Thankfully, it was casual, so Frank didn't feel that out of place. He had worn a button up over a tank top, unbuttoned, and Gerard convinced him that it was formal enough. Frank agreed, thinking that he could quickly button it up if the restaurant was more formal than he thought.

Gerard led them over to a table with two middle aged people, who were both dressed rather casually as well, although Frank could see that the woman had on rather large diamond earrings. "Hi!"

"Hi, Gerard, it's nice to see you!" His dad stood up to hug him, then his mom. Frank stood awkwardly, still holding Gerard's hand until his mom pulled him into a hug.

They all sat down, then.

"So, Frank, you're Gerard's boyfriend?" Mrs. Way asked.

Frank nodded, trying to speak through his dry throat. Gerard squeezed his hand. "Yes, I am."

"How long have you two known each other?" she asked.

"About a year?" Frank looked at Gerard. "We met in, like, August or early September, right?"

"Yeah, August twenty eighth. You thought you had the wrong room, Jesus, you were so cute and confused."

Frank blushed and looked away.

They ordered and talked a bit more, and Frank really wasn't sure why he was worrying. For all the fuss Mikey had put up towards him, Gerard's parents were really nice. They made a few rude remarks regarding people with less money than them, but Frank didn't hold it against them. Eat the rich had a much different meaning with Gerard than it did with them.

They walked back to the subway together, holding hands. Gerard was trying to read a map, so Frank took it from his hand and folded it, then slid it into his pocket. "Baby, we live here now, we have to get used to the city. And that means walking fast without maps."

Gerard sighed. "I don't wanna get lost and mugged!"

"We're not gonna get mugged. Also, I'm a punk delinquent. If you think I don't know how to take a guy down, you are severely mistaken. Now come on, there was this awful looking pizza place near us."

Gerard smiled. "We could order delivery."

"Fuck no, I want the bad pizza."

"Oh, you're such a weirdo." Gerard squeezed his hand.

They rode the subway home, then walked towards their apartment building, avoiding people and Times Square. Gerard unlocked the door, and they walked up to their third floor apartment.

Frank pushed the door open. It was dusk, and the light streamed through the windows, illuminating the floor.

"I'm so fucking in love with you," Gerard sighed. He pushed Frank on the couch and straddled him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Frank leaned up to kiss him.

Gerard connected their lips, but only briefly. "Wanna make out, pretty boy?"

"Please?"

Gerard flipped Frank onto his back and leaned down on his forearms. He kissed him softly, running his tongue along his bottom lip and gasping softly when Frank sucked at it.

"You're playing dirty," Gerard said.

Frank smiled. "You love it."

Gerard hummed. "Not tonight."

"No? You wanna watch a movie and kiss?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." Gerard kissed him again.