Thirteen- A Travel Day

"Hey," Frank said as Gerard opened the door. He patted his bed. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"The usual. Spending an hour with my family and smiling for the cameras and then hiding in my room for the rest of the day trying to sell the needlessly expensive things that I don't need so I can donate money to people who need it."

"Sounds...fun. Um, I talked to my mom. Would you maybe wanna spend Christmas with my family?"

Gerard's face split into a wide grin. "Really?"

"Yeah! My mom said we'd be thrilled to have you."

"That would be so great, actually," Gerard said, his eyes still lit up. "I would love to do that."

Frank hugged him. "Then you're gonna."

"Christmas is next week...when are we leaving?"

"Well, we're not entirely sure yet. When does the break start?"

"On Saturday. So we can leave in two days at the earliest."

"I'll let her know that, and then we'll see what we can do about planes. Tickets might be hard to get this late into the season..."

"Whatever's easiest," Gerard said. "I'm so excited. Tell me about your family."

"Well...I'm an only child. I live with my mom, and my dog, Sweet Pea."

"Aww." Gerard smiled.

"Our house is super small. I live in the attic."

"Well, at least we get privacy."

"What are you suggesting, Mister Way?"

Gerard wiggled his eyebrows.

Frank giggled. "Chances are likely the food isn't going to be very good compared to what you usually eat. Around the holidays, my mom likes to bake Christmas cookies, so there's a lot of those."

"What do your parents do for work?" Gerard asked.

"My mom is a teacher, and I haven't seen my dad in years, so I have no idea what he does."

Gerard rested his chin on Frank's chest. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Oh! My next door neighbor is like a little sister to me. She's in sixth grade, and her name's Sarah. She has a cat named Mug."

"Mug?" Gerard giggled. "You guys are close, huh?"

"Yeah. Her parents fight a lot, so she spends a lot of time at our house. Usually it's okay around the holidays, but from what my mom's been telling me, she might be spending them with us."

"Your life sounds so nice." Gerard sighed.

That's something Frank never expected to hear. Gerard's life was much nicer than his, what was he talking about?

xXx

Frank took the next day off as well to recover, although he did do his work, and then that was it. They went into the break.

Gerard had somehow managed to convince his family that he was staying with Ray for Christmas, and since Ray was leaving the country anyways, he could get to the shuttle without a problem.

"Where are you going for Christmas, Ray?" Frank asked.

"My family is meeting in Paris. I might meet up with Clo, actually, I know that's where she's going." Ray smiled. "You guys are going to your house?"

"Yep." Frank smiled. He squeezed Gerard's hand.

The shuttle was not suitable for this time of year. It barely had walls, and had huge, gaping windows. Once they got on, Frank and Gerard curled up next to each other, sharing a blanket.

"You know, we never made anything official," Gerard said quietly.

Frank looked up at him. "You're right."

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Gerard asked.

"Definitely." Frank kissed him softly for a moment before pulling away.

The ride was about half an hour, and then they went through security. After much argument, Gerard had paid for the plane tickets, so he tried to read them and guide them to their gate.

"Let me see." Frank took the tickets from him. "Gate forty one. God, you're blind."

"I am blind." Gerard followed Frank toward their gate. "The flight is at three."

"Fuck, it's two thirty, we need to hurry." Frank grabbed Gerard's hand and started running. After two days of eating and resting, his body was mostly surface level recovered. His muscles didn't feel as weak.

Gerard kept tripping over his own feet, but they made it in time to the gate. They had fifteen minutes before their flight.

"Want anything to eat?" Gerard asked. "I know we just had lunch, but..."

"I'm all set." Frank smiled and sat in an empty seat. "If you wanna get something, though, you can do that."

"Do you want coffee?"

Frank shook his head.

"Alright, I'm gonna go grab something from Starbucks." Gerard leaned down and pressed a kiss to Frank's lips. "Be right back."

Frank kicked his legs while he waited for Gerard. He smiled up at him when he did come back. "I'm so fucking excited. This is gonna be so fun."

"It is! I'm probably gonna eat all your cookies though, sorry."

Frank shrugged. "We need all the help we can get."

Gerard smiled. He wrapped his arm around Frank's shoulder and let him lean into him.

"I just realized I have absolutely no idea what your family does," Frank said. "Like, I know Clo's dad is a fashion designer, and Ray's family is the Toro company, but...what are you guys famous for?"

"My mom is a former reality TV host and model, and my dad is an actor."

"Really?" Frank cocked his head. "What are their names?"

"Don Way and Donna Rush."

"Oh, I think my grandmother used to watch your mom's show. I was really confused about it when I was younger."

Gerard giggled. "I'm not surprised. My mom is trying to get me into the modeling thing too, and all her friends say I have the face for it-"

"You do," Frank interjected.

Gerard flushed. "It's not something I'm interested in. It opens a whole world of vanity and eating disorders."

"Those aren't fun. Trust me."

Gerard kissed his forehead and took a sip of coffee.

They stood up to board the plane- Gerard had bought first class tickets, which Frank was very embarrassed about- and took their seats. Gerard looked like he belonged here, with his faux fur jacket and silky black hair framing his face. Frank, on the other hand, looked like a punk. He was a punk.

Gerard glanced over at Frank. "You look nervous."

"I don't look like I fit in."

"Hush. It's a plane, who's going to see you?"

"You. Everyone else."

Gerard rolled his eyes and smiled. "Weirdo."

Frank closed his eyes when Gerard kissed him. He tangled his hand in his hair when Gerard pushed him further.

"It's a plane, Gee, we can do the sexy stuff at home," Frank gasped, pulling away.

Gerard giggled. "But I don't like the sexy stuff."

"Sexy stuff is making out. Making out is hot, can you blame me?" Frank rested his head on Gerard's shoulder.

"No, I guess I can't."