Twenty Two- Valentine

Please read the previous chapter first!! (Just in case you didn't)

"Hey, mutt."

Frank looked up as Ray sat down at the table. He was there before Clo or Ryan that day. "Huh?"

"Gerard told me about what happened while you were high yesterday. You humped his leg. Twice."

Frank's cheeks went pink. "He told you that?"

"He could barely stop laughing. Not at you, just the fact that you were high as a kite and deemed that the best way to get off."

"In my defense, I felt like a lump of coal yesterday. I couldn't move. He did most of the moving."

"Okay, Frank."

Clo and Ryan finally arrived. Clo had a mound of tissues a mile high with her.

"You don't look very good," Frank remarked.

"I feel like shit," she said.

"I may have gotten you sick. Go to the nurse."

She waved him off.

"Clo. He couldn't even walk yesterday. Go to the nurse," Ryan said.

"I'm fine," she said, although it came out as 'I'b fine'.

"Clo, I will pick you up and carry you to the nurse," Ray said.

She rolled her eyes and stood up. "I'm going to the nurse."

"Hey, you guys know Valentine's Day is in a few weeks, right?" Ray asked. "What are y'all doing?"

"Kicking Gerard out and hooking up with this cute guy from the seventh floor," Ryan said. "I think his name is Nick."

"You should probably learn his name." Ray turned to Frank.

"Uh." Frank bit his lip. "I dunno. I'll buy Gerard something this weekend. We'll probably make out in our room. Sorry."

"It's fine. I'll go somewhere else. There's this girl, anyways." Ray smiled dreamily.

Ryan leaned on his elbows. "Tell us."

"Her name is Christa. Clo introduced me to her while we were hanging out in Paris. She's super sweet, and we kissed on the Eiffel Tower."

"Ray." Frank patted his back. "That's the most romantic fucking thing I've ever heard."

Ray smiled. "I really like her."

"You treat her like a fucking queen," Ryan told him.

xXx

Valentine's Day was suddenly staring Frank in the face.

He texted Gerard, asking him to come to his room. Gerard said he'd be right there.

Ray was just leaving as Gerard came in. They hugged briefly.

"Good luck," Gerard said, patting him on the back. Then Ray left, and he launched himself onto the bed. "My love!"

"Baby!" Frank wrapped himself around Gerard and kissed him. "I love you."

Gerard held his face gently. "I missed you too. Wanna lock the door?"

Frank wiggled his eyebrows.

Gerard giggled and let Frank stand up. "No, just so Mikey doesn't find us. I'm not feeling it."

"That's alright." Frank sat on the bed beside Gerard. "I got you something."

"Oh my god, you shouldn't have." Gerard frowned at him. "I didn't get you anything!"

"You're enough." Frank kissed him and reached under his bed for Gerard's gift. It was just a card, but he knew it would matter so much to Gerard. "So, the bookstore in town was able to give me a list of everyone who'd ever bought your book from their store."

Gerard's head snapped up.

"I emailed them, and asked them to write down what they thought about it. They did." Frank handed him the card. "And they all want more."

Gerard took a minute to read the responses on the card. He looked back up at Frank with tears in his eyes. "You didn't."

"For real, baby."

Gerard tackled him in a hug. He kissed the lights out of Frank, murmuring soft 'I love you's against his lips.

Frank pulled away. "I love you too. But I also love to breathe, so..."

Gerard blushed. "Sorry."

"It's alright." Frank rubbed his back.

They cuddled for a while until Gerard got the urge to say something. He took a deep breath. "Hey Frank?"

"Mhm?"

"I have a violin recital next week. I was wondering if you wanted to come."

"Of course-" Frank stopped. "How much are the tickets?"

"Oh no. You're not paying for a ticket. No way in hell. The only thing is, my family is gonna be there. But I really, really want you there." Gerard's thumb rubbed over Frank's knuckles.

"Then we'll figure it out," Frank said. "I'm going to that recital. I wanna see you play violin. I know you're amazing, but I wanna see more than what you do in the library."

Gerard nuzzled against Frank's cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

They cuddled in silence again until they decided to go watch the stars on the roof. Gerard borrowed one of Frank's jackets, and they ran up the stairs until they burst out onto the roof, their breath puffing out in clouds in front of them.

"Wow," Frank whispered.

There were stars for miles and miles, as far as the eye could see.

"It's beautiful," Gerard said breathlessly. He sat down against the door.

Frank walked over to the ledge. "Make sure the door is unlocked. We would not survive the fall."

"We can just climb down," Gerard said, but he checked the door anyways. "It's locked!"

"Oh." Frank sighed. "Well, I'll yell at Ray later. I can see him from here."

"Stop standing near the ledge, you're gonna make me have a panic attack." Gerard opened his arms for Frank, who came over and sat next to him. Gerard made a noise and picked him up, instead placing him between his legs so that Frank's back was pressed against his chest.

Frank stared up at the sky. "It's so beautiful out here."

Gerard hummed in agreement.

Frank rubbed his fingers against Gerard's. "Hey. Can we...can we talk about what was going on on Christmas?"

"What do you mean?"

"You were crying."

"Oh." Gerard sighed. "That's the day my grandmother died. It was a few years ago. I almost drank myself to death, and my family didn't give a shit about me. It was...it was a pretty dark time."

"I'm so sorry," Frank whispered. He looked up at Gerard. "Gee, baby, you should have told me."

"Maybe I should've." Gerard kissed behind his ear. "But I'm okay. Trust me."

So Frank did.